Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

@throbber

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51233861

Wetherspoons pubs are limiting parents to two alcoholic drinks each if they have their children with them.

I usually just buy 2 pints each for me and the mrs and drink hers on the sly when the bar staff aren’t looking.

Just now, throbber said:

I usually just buy 2 pints each for me and the mrs and drink hers on the sly when the bar staff aren’t looking.

That's still perfectly responsible. I used to limit myself to 5 Stellas and just a couple of after dinner liqueurs when looking after the kid.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That's still perfectly responsible. I used to limit myself to 5 Stellas and just a couple of after dinner liqueurs when looking after the kid.

Nothing wrong with that Gerry. 

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke.  Before that I really didn't understand any of their work. It was too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent.  I think "Invisible Touch" is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility, at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

In the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford you can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.  In terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.  Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion." In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problem of abusive political authority.  "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Phill Collins solo efforts seem to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way, especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and "Against All Odds." But I also think that Phill Collins works better within the confines of the group than as a solo artist-and I stress the word artist.  "Sussudio," is a great, great song. A personal favourite.  💪

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

They probably voted for brexit as well I take it.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke.  Before that I really didn't understand any of their work. It was too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent.  I think "Invisible Touch" is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility, at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

In the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford you can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.  In terms of lyrical craftsmanship and sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.  Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion." In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problem of abusive political authority.  "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.

Phill Collins solo efforts seem to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying in a narrower way, especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and "Against All Odds." But I also think that Phill Collins works better within the confines of the group than as a solo artist-and I stress the word artist.  "Sussudio," is a great, great song. A personal favourite.  💪

Is this No Context American Psycho or something?

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

A crying shame he’s in my Dead Pool team for being an alkie b*****d. Ocht well...

54 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

A crying shame he’s in my Dead Pool team for being an alkie b*****d. Ocht well...

You could be on to a winner there. I watched an interview of his last year and I've never seen or heard a guy sound so finished with life. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
38 minutes ago, Dele said:
I just snapped a screen protector and it went fucking everywhere - some, I'm assuming, in my eye. 
Will I wake up blind? 

If you do, can you write on here tomorrow and tell us?

Mdsod sertinslty