Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 16/01/2020 at 12:59, Dee Man said:

Aye, that's going to have to be the plan now. Already looking at what type of bike I want but I think I'll have to give the clubs a miss as it appears compulsory to wear the lycra gear and that won't be happening. 

I used to cycle a fair bit commuting to work and getting about when at work (lucky if bikes get out of the shed a couple of times a year now). Favoured a fancy carbon road bike but like you I would dodge the lycra and just wear more normal gear. It is not compulsory to go for the lycra. Once you tire of your shorts flapping about in the wind or your tshirt filling with air you might find yourself drawn to the dark world of lycra. 

16 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I used to cycle a fair bit commuting to work and getting about when at work (lucky if bikes get out of the shed a couple of times a year now). Favoured a fancy carbon road bike but like you I would dodge the lycra and just wear more normal gear. It is not compulsory to go for the lycra. Once you tire of your shorts flapping about in the wind or your tshirt filling with air you might find yourself drawn to the dark world of lycra. 

Some difference 24 hrs makes. My physio has told me to ignore the doctor and keep running. No lycra for me in the immediate future hopefully. 

53 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Some difference 24 hrs makes. My physio has told me to ignore the doctor and keep running. No lycra for me in the immediate future hopefully. 

A sentiment shared by most of the population.

fat-guy-spandex.jpg

Edited by GordonD

Assume the physio just said if it’s sore stop and if it continues to be sore rest until it’s not? Pretty much the advice my auld dear got for arthritic knee.

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Assume the physio just said if it’s sore stop and if it continues to be sore rest until it’s not? Pretty much the advice my auld dear got for arthritic knee.

Yeah, exactly that. Just to batter the anti-inflammatories and hit the bike for a week or so if I get any flare ups until it calms down. He said it's extremely rare for anyone my age to get it and not to hang up the runners just yet but if I'm in a wheelchair this time next year I'm going to look back and suspect this was bad advice. 

UEFA/FIFA could make me forgive them for allowing the Russians to be drugged-up cheats if they played the Tetris theme instead of the Russian national anthem at their first game in Euro 2020.

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

A song on Eminem’s new album has the lyrics :

“I’m contemplating yelling bombs away on the game like I’m outside of an Ariana Grande concert waiting.”

Followed by an explosion.

What a c**t.

Agree what is he thinking but also one of the labels that released it is owned by the same folk Ariana work for

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

A song on Eminem’s new album has the lyrics :

“I’m contemplating yelling bombs away on the game like I’m outside of an Ariana Grande concert waiting.”

Followed by an explosion.

What a c**t.

Is the song any good though?

Agree what is he thinking but also one of the labels that released it is owned by the same folk Ariana work for

Aye it’s ridiculous, Eminem isn’t that far off being 50 and has been in the game long enough to know what you can and can’t get away with saying and this is just totally uncalled for.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Aye it’s ridiculous, Eminem isn’t that far off being 50 and has been in the game long enough to know what you can and can’t get away with saying and this is just totally uncalled for.

Stinks of Someone who is worried they aren't relevant anymore

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Isn't being offensive what rappers do? 

To me it seems quite callous and hurtful, especially when it's still really raw for a lot of people. 

Isn't being offensive what rappers do? 

To me it seems quite callous and hurtful, especially when it's still really raw for a lot of people. 

Well Eminem is no stranger to controversy as we all know but he is usually being offensive towards other celebrities who can probably take him with a pinch of salt. This just seems entirely uncalled for and shouldn’t have been released IMO.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Yeah it’s not bad, it’s called unaccommodating.

The other rapper on that track is amongst the worst I've ever heard. Terrible choice for a collaboration. Where did he pick him up from, the toilet store?