Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
35 minutes ago, IainMorton said:
This always pisses me off when things like that happen. It's especially bad in the American school shootings "OMG there is a maniac running towards me killing everyone in their path, quick, where is my phone so I can record it?!"

Some things are more important than your life for some though; like Likes on social media.

Suppose but only if the killer is decent enough to upload it to your Facebook after he has put a bullet in your brain.

The MIL is coming to visit, and I have some money stuck on US Amazon, so I thought I'd buy some films and get them sent to her to bring with. The wife forgot to tell her about this plan, despite several askings.

One of the DVDs arrived today. Apparently it went straight in the bin and she contacted Amazon to complain about being sent unsolicited filth [emoji23]

The least shite outcome in these terrorist incidents is the murderer being tried, convicted and imprisoned for the rest of their life. Rarely happens unfortunately 
Yeah I agree. A lot of "quite right", "good enough for him". Though I don't care that he was killed, it would be a worse outcome for him and his mental beliefs if he spent the rest of his life in prison.

Yeah I agree. A lot of "quite right", "good enough for him". Though I don't care that he was killed, it would be a worse outcome for him and his mental beliefs if he spent the rest of his life in prison.
The Police dont want to kill these guys either. Its a needs must scenario but of course they want to opportunity to speak to these people and seek information.

Only the thick want them shot dead on the spot.

Tbh, I would have no issue with them being bludgeoned to death in prison, but at the very least you want them interrogated by plod in case there are others involved.

23 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Had the pleasure of destroying a racist, declaring their hypocrisy, then destroying their counter argument about religion. Wonderful.

You Sir are a genuine hero, one thousand likes should be your reward.

You Sir are a genuine hero, one thousand likes should be your reward.

His argument was that Mary, Joseph, and Jesus didn’t flee as refugee from king Herod. They were attending a census.

I’m not a religious person, but a small bit of research shows that Matthew 2:13-2:23 states that Joseph was wanted by an angel of Herod’s desire to kill the new born son of god. Hence the fleeing.

Also, the first census occurred 9 years after Herod’s death. Ergo, he can’t pick and choose what aspect. He recognised the role of Herod.

This all came about when he I called someone for being racist to refugees then stating if they are truly Christian then they cannot celebrate Christmas with those views, given that’s surrounds the role of refugees fleeing to safety.

20 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

His argument was that Mary, Joseph, and Jesus didn’t flee as refugee from king Herod. They were attending a census.

I’m not a religious person, but a small bit of research shows that Matthew 2:13-2:23 states that Joseph was wanted by an angel of Herod’s desire to kill the new born son of god. Hence the fleeing.

Also, the first census occurred 9 years after Herod’s death. Ergo, he can’t pick and choose what aspect. He recognised the role of Herod.

This all came about when he I called someone for being racist to refugees then stating if they are truly Christian then they cannot celebrate Christmas with those views, given that’s surrounds the role of refugees fleeing to safety.

I'm sure that Luke mentions something about them attending the cenus of Quirinious.

Edited by bennett
Autocorrect

26 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

See,but, the lord said unto Moses, "come forth" but he came fifth and lost all his winnings...

I'm sure that Luke mentions something about them attending the cenus of Quirinious.

I had tried to find something. But what I did research is that there is a general error somewhere. And that one of the stories were true and the other not. One would assume Matthew as it was the first written, therefore in theory the one nearest to the timeline of events.

Although was there not some couple hundred years between the books, obviously the stories were passed in via story telling at first. Can imagine the Chinese whispers effect here.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

I had tried to find something. But what I did research is that there is a general error somewhere. And that one of the stories were true and the other not. One would assume Matthew as it was the first written, therefore in theory the one nearest to the timeline of events.

Although was there not some couple hundred years between the books, obviously the stories were passed in via story telling at first. Can imagine the Chinese whispers effect here.

"And on the third day he rose again purple monkey yellow car"

Luke 19:3

And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature

Why does that remind me of standing on the hope street terrace as a bairn [emoji23].

Genuinely would love to do an open uni degree in theology. It’s a fascinating subject area, but I’m already in the honours year of a politics degree and trying to get into a teaching post grad haha.