Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’m calling shenanigans. Surely this guy would have mates he goes to games with or would check the kick off time, read a pre match preview, check social media or something like that.

Mmm. Not quite that bad but me and 3 mates once drove 80 miles to see an Everton v Liverpool game only to notice as we neared the stadium that people were walking away from the ground. It had been an 11am kick off.

It was printed on the tickets and everything.

If anybody is at a loose end on Friday night and fancies a wee night out at the o2 Carling in Glasgow, I've got two tickets for Shed Seven going to waste. I'm not wanting anything for them now I'd just rather they never just went in the bin. 

If anyone can get the use of them give is a PM and I'll get them sent out to you tonight. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

If anybody is at a loose end on Friday night and fancies a wee night out at the o2 Carling in Glasgow, I've got two tickets for Shed Seven going to waste. I'm not wanting anything for them now I'd just rather they never just went in the bin. 

If anyone can get the use of them give is a PM and I'll get them sent out to you tonight. 

Is that S-Club Seven grown up? Asking for my grand-daughters. 

Guest Moomintroll
Anyone at a loose end really needs to snap these up, superb band who are excellent live.

36 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Dele said:

Anyone at a loose end really needs to snap these up, superb band who are excellent live.

Ahhh FFS I'm working this weekend on Standby -  would have absolutely loved that, then maybe a disco down. Remember going to see their farewell gig there.

52 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Ahhh FFS I'm working this weekend on Standby -  would have absolutely loved that, then maybe a disco down. Remember going to see their farewell gig there.

Like the band supporting - The Twang - they're bloody brilliant live. 

Guest Moomintroll
The Twang are decent too, remember seeing them at the XFM Winter Wonderland years ago. Wasn't really convinced to start with but they were damn good, will be a good gig all round tbh.

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’m calling shenanigans. Surely this guy would have mates he goes to games with or would check the kick off time, read a pre match preview, check social media or something like that.

It is definitely a dive. File under "things people do on the internet for attention".

The really amusing one was those East Fife morons turning up to North Berwick instead of Berwick. Now that is the kind of fun we can all get behind.

11 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Mmm. Not quite that bad but me and 3 mates once drove 80 miles to see an Everton v Liverpool game only to notice as we neared the stadium that people were walking away from the ground. It had been an 11am kick off.

It was printed on the tickets and everything.

How long ago was this? If it was in the 1970's when just about every kick off was 3pm then you are excused. If it was recent then you deserve to be placed in a large blender as you are no use to anyone.

12 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

How long ago was this? If it was in the 1970's when just about every kick off was 3pm then you are excused. If it was recent then you deserve to be placed in a large blender as you are no use to anyone.

Early '80s.

While 3pm was the usual kick off time, local derbies were often played earlier, so your assessment isn't far off.

Edited by Shotgun

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
4 hours ago, Dele said:

The Twang are decent too, remember seeing them at the XFM Winter Wonderland years ago. Wasn't really convinced to start with but they were damn good, will be a good gig all round tbh.

Saw them in the Summer and they had a new back up singer, a young lass who was bloody brilliant. 

Phil Etheridge was absolutely steaming however, and spent most of his time telling the organisers to "f**k off" for getting his stage time wrong. 

32 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Saw them in the Summer and they had a new back up singer, a young lass who was bloody brilliant. 

Phil Etheridge was absolutely steaming however, and spent most of his time telling the organisers to "f**k off" for getting his stage time wrong. 

I've got know idea who this Phil guy is but I think I like him. 

Guest Moomintroll
Just as well they weren't booked for that Hope & Glory Festival in Liverpool a few years back then. One of those bands that on the face of it , shouldn't really work, as they are trying the Linkin Park singer/rapper thing without the songs to back it up but they are excellent live.