Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just discovered that my 'pet' house spider (Steve II) has frozen to death on the back doorstep.  He usually lives in the cozy utility room beside the washing machine (until he falls into the plastic wash basket and I have had to set him free), but after over 2 years of keeping it fly-free (following the death of Steve I), he's finally off to the great web in the sky.

Funeral will be at my house, Thursday 14th November at 13:30.  All welcome. No flowers please.

Edited by Hedgecutter

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just discovered that my 'pet' house spider (Steve II) has frozen to death on the back doorstep.  He usually lives in the cozy utility room beside the washing machine (until he falls into the plastic wash basket and I have had to set him free), but after over 2 years of keeping it fly-free (following the death of Steve I), he's finally off to the great web in the sky.

Funeral will be at my house, Thursday 14th November at 13:30.  All welcome. No flowers please.

Today of all days!

Lest we forget. 

RIP in peace Steve ii

Thoughts and prayers. It's always the good ones that get taken away too soon. Today was the day you grew your wings Steve II. GBNF

PM me *** x

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Not even family flowers? 

Harsh...

Hopefully @KnightswoodBear is giving the eulogy.

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Not even family flowers? 

Harsh...

What, a spider carrying flowers?  It's a simple question of weight ratios. A 14mg spider could not carry a 200g bouquet.

Eta:  He's getting cremated anyway.  Last ditch attempt at warming him up a bit.

Edited by Hedgecutter

What, a spider carrying flowers?  It's a simple question of weight ratios. A 14mg spider could not carry a 200g bouquet.

Eta:  He's getting cremated anyway.  Last ditch attempt at warming him up a bit.

Was it an African or European spider?

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

With Clinton Cards and Jessops going into administration recently and likely a date with destination fucked here's a list of retail businesses plus a few others this year that have either gone bust, faced  administration or gone full postal on murdering their shops and cutting their workforce to keep the shareholders happy.

R.I.P - Thomas Cook, Karen Millen and its subsidiary Coast,  The Money Shop, The Yorkshire Linen Company, Hourstons, Wine Direct and associate company JustInCases, Patisserie Valerie, 

On a life support - Mama and Papas, Mothercare, Forever 21, Regis UK & Supercuts, Bonmarché, Watt Brothers, Tomlinson Dairies, Khaadi Fashion, Links of London, Albemarle & Bond, Lingerie Outlet Store , Jack Wills,  Stefanel,  Bathstore,  Realbuzz.,  Rococo Chocolates,  Skandium, Debenhams,  Select, Pretty Green, The Bottle Shop, Office Outlet,  Superfi, Better Bathrooms,  L K Bennett,  Bennetts Department Store,  tReds,  Gerry Weber: International Ag,  OddBins and Wine Cellars,  Miss Shoes, Chapelle Jewellery & Watches, Wild and Gorgeous, Hardy Amies,  Steamer Trading

Being utter c***s - Vodafone

A lot of these are clothing outlets and not even the ones who exclusively trade online are safe.

I think I've only ever been in Oddbins out of that lot. Must be my fault then.