Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I've boycotted Celebrations since the exclusion of the Galaxy Truffle.

They are now selling Galaxy Truffles in Tesco. Didn’t buy them because they wanted £5 for about 6 of them. 

On 21/10/2019 at 15:31, MixuFixit said:

I never got why they haven't just made like a roses with only barrels and hazelnut caramels, or chewits with just the red and black ones etc. There's fairly universal rules on what the shite ones are in these things unless you're a wrongun. Seems like an open goal, commercially speaking.

Agreed.

Fruit pastilles know the score

002a919b-82d2-ca81-a945-109d07514526.png

At my work clients give us tins of sweeties for Christmas. 

Bounties are usually the last sweets left in the Celebrations tin

The coconut blue ones or the plain chocolate green ones are the last ones left in Quality Street (I always try and nab as many pink fudgy sweets as I can because I like those ones). Funnily enough some people are content to leave the orange/strawberry creams which I thought would have been first to go. 

Toffees are usually left to last in a tin of Roses. 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

At my work clients give us tins of sweeties for Christmas. 

Bounties are usually the last sweets left in the Celebrations tin

The coconut blue ones or the plain chocolate green ones are the last ones left in Quality Street (I always try and nab as many pink fudgy sweets as I can because I like those ones). Funnily enough some people are content to leave the orange/strawberry creams which I thought would have been first to go. 

Toffees are usually left to last in a tin of Roses. 

I like them all, so I inevitably get into trouble for eating the ones that are universally liked. However, I'm not going to hold back on all my favourites for all eternity just because somebody's 'not so keen on coconut'. 

At the end of the day, you will pay the price if you are a fussy eater. 

14 hours ago, Skerla said:

They are now selling Galaxy Truffles in Tesco. Didn’t buy them because they wanted £5 for about 6 of them. 

They were half price recently and still well overpriced. They also have malteaser ones which the wife bought and I snaffled one. Absolutely delicious but would I f**k pay a sky diver for a wee packet like you say. 

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They were half price recently and still well overpriced. They also have malteaser ones which the wife bought and I snaffled one. Absolutely delicious but would I f**k pay a sky diver for a wee packet like you say. 

I'd imagine their delivery costs are enormous.

I read this article about the economic costs of prohibition, I love the calculations used by this economist to estimate the costs of alcohol to the US economy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49906476

Fisher certainly seems to have happily taken some liberties with figures. He claimed, for example, prohibition was worth $6bn to America's economy.

Was this figure the result of careful study? Not according to one bemused critic.

Evidently Fisher started with reports from a few individuals a stiff drink on an empty stomach made them 2% less efficient.

He then assumed workers habitually downed five stiff drinks just before work, so multiplied the two by five and concluded alcohol lopped 10% off production.

Dubious, to say the least.

Love the idea that the average worker drinks five drinks before a shift at work. 

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I read this article about the economic costs of prohibition, I love the calculations used by this economist to estimate the costs of alcohol to the US economy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49906476

Love the idea that the average worker drinks five drinks before a shift at work. 

If they had applied prohibition to the advertising industry in the 60s, that may well have been right.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Frankly, I'd rather drink my own pish than eat strawberry or orange cremes.

Unrelated, but I just found out that sweet potato and yams are the same thing.

There’s a big B&M opened round the back and they sell boxes of Fry’s Raspberry Cremes.

#scenes