Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just tried a McDonald's milkshake for the first time since they changed the straws to paper. Awful experience, will not buy again unless they switch it back. 
#f***thewhales
#notpetty 
Even worse when you realise that the new straws aren't actually recyclable and they've changed them for no reason whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, Unrepentant F.B. said:

wut.gif

You do realise they are in the financial shit don't you?

The Buff going for £20M (lol) won't cover half of it.

Who is in the financial shit? Sevco? I'm counting on it. Celtic? That would be a bonus.

And who is the Buff?

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just tried a McDonald's milkshake for the first time since they changed the straws to paper. Awful experience, will not buy again unless they switch it back. 

#f***thewhales

#notpetty 

some of us old cnuts had no choice in childhood- I'm sure McDonald's only did paper straws back then. I can certainly remember trying to sook a milkshake through a paper straw to no great effect. 

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I was out for lunch yesterday (Tom Kitchin's place in Bruntsfield - the mushroom risotto is semi-inducing) and casually bit the straw on my drink. Turns out the straw was metal. 

That's a slippery slope to buying mushroom suppers. And then I shall have to call the police. 

16 hours ago, Empty It said:
19 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
#f***thewhales
#notpetty 

Even worse when you realise that the new straws aren't actually recyclable and they've changed them just for the favourable press coverage.

FTFY

17 hours ago, Empty It said:
20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
#f***thewhales
#notpetty 

Even worse when you realise that the new straws aren't actually recyclable and they've changed them for no reason whatsoever.

I'm guessing the logic is paper straws are made from trees which can be regrown whereas plastic comes from a finite source, so they're not as environmentally unfriendly albeit very consumer unfriendly. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

I'm guessing the logic is paper straws are made from trees which can be regrown whereas plastic comes from a finite source, so they're not as environmentally unfriendly albeit very consumer unfriendly. 

I thought it was more because paper ones degrade quickly and don't get stuck up seals' nostrils. 

Kasey-and-straws.jpg

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

#f***thewhales

#notpetty 

960x0.gif.e21a2b1cfad78c676e228e81afaa800b.gif

Went into work tonight and was told there would be drug and alcohol tests. It's been the same woman for the last couple of years who usually gets called in about once a month to perform them but one of the other workers has been seeing her for a while and he told me she'd recently packed the job in so I knew it was going to be someone else.

First thing the new tester asked when I got in the room was to see my driving licence but for the second night on the bounce I've left my wallet in the house.

- "I've left it at home but I can get you a copy from the office"

- *Dramatic hand to the forehead and a weird spin around on the spot from drug lady* "WHAT? You're a truck driver! Why don't you have your licence?" (It's illegal to drive in Australia without your licence on you).

- "I just told you I left it in the house".

- "I can't send you out without your driver licence. You'll have to go home and get it".

By now I'm a but pissed off with her tone and histrionics. - "What's it got to do with you? You're just here to do the drugs tests".

- "I'm your logistics manager".

Brilliant. She started a few weeks back when I was back in Scotland and this was the first I got to meet her. 

Not the best start to our working relationship and I could tell she wasn't impressed with the back chat but nae luck - act like a dick, get spoken to like a dick. 

44 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Went into work tonight and was told there would be drug and alcohol tests. It's been the same woman for the last couple of years who usually gets called in about once a month to perform them but one of the other workers has been seeing her for a while and he told me she'd recently packed the job in so I knew it was going to be someone else.

First thing the new tester asked when I got in the room was to see my driving licence but for the second night on the bounce I've left my wallet in the house.

- "I've left it at home but I can get you a copy from the office"

- *Dramatic hand to the forehead and a weird spin around on the spot from drug lady* "WHAT? You're a truck driver! Why don't you have your licence?" (It's illegal to drive in Australia without your licence on you).

- "I just told you I left it in the house".

- "I can't send you out without your driver licence. You'll have to go home and get it".

By now I'm a but pissed off with her tone and histrionics. - "What's it got to do with you? You're just here to do the drugs tests".

- "I'm your logistics manager".

Brilliant. She started a few weeks back when I was back in Scotland and this was the first I got to meet her. 

Not the best start to our working relationship and I could tell she wasn't impressed with the back chat but nae luck - act like a dick, get spoken to like a dick. 

You'll probably end up best mates. IMO.

eta

Image result for morrissey gif

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

58 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

for the second night on the bounce I've left my wallet in the house.

Do you use a man bag? Last thing I do before leaving the house is tap my pockets for wallet, keys and phone.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Dee Man’s excellent story is like an Aussie version of Top Gun, with Dee Man as Tom Cruise and the Logistic lady as Kelly McGillis.

It took my breath away.

Thank you.