Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The Area 51 raid is supposedly on tomorrow. Which means a lot of tubes will either end up being massacred, irradiated or quite thirsty crossing the Nevada desert to find f*ck all or the truth about aliens on earth will be revealed...
Spoiler

1081884736_crapalien.jpg.1e2b10ef9e1e8f009eddf46a1c91859e.jpg
Oh Bollocks... 

Imagine if the only thing that actually ever happened at Area 51 was a massacre of alien nerds who came to see an empty hanger.

11 minutes ago, Dele said:

Start work in 5hrs. Blootered. 

I remember waking up for work blootered and falling through my coffee table whilst trying to put my socks on. I took the day off as it was probably best not to drive or be in charge of a crane lift in that state!

Got offered a really good new job. Two pay grades higher than present but I feel totally underqualified, I have to do things like manage people which I have never done before. I’ll also have to move to Glasgow.

Got to decide whether to take it or not.

I hope I can manage a team better than Levein can.

Absolutely take it. If you want to climb higher you have to start a new job you havent done before at some point. Every work place is filled with chancers anyway these days so if you are actually aware of the skills you still need to learn it puts you ahead of many right off the bat.

Plus, you have the guiding hand of P&B. Just make sure you come straight here with difficult personnel issues.

Got offered a really good new job. Two pay grades higher than present but I feel totally underqualified, I have to do things like manage people which I have never done before. I’ll also have to move to Glasgow.

Go for it, I guarantee you’re more qualified than you think. Nothing wrong with being outside of your comfort zone for a while.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely take it. If you want to climb higher you have to start a new job you havent done before at some point. Every work place is filled with chancers anyway these days so if you are actually aware of the skills you still need to learn it puts you ahead of many right off the bat.

Plus, you have the guiding hand of P&B. Just make sure you come straight here with difficult personnel issues.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Go for it, I guarantee you’re more qualified than you think. Nothing wrong with being outside of your comfort zone for a while.

Thanks folks, you are right. There is no better way to make big decisions than basing them on P & B advice 😂

48 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This.  Can’t do a worse job that Caldwell.

This is absolutely true.

Edited by Jambomo

Not being overconfident is a good sign imo, especially when it comes to managing people for the first time. Much better to work your way in by listening rather than barking orders on your first day.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Thanks folks, you are right. There is no better way to make big decisions than basing them on P & B advice 😂

This is absolutely true.

You'll be fine. I started managing people for the first time in Nov last year after laying it on thick in my interview. Unfortunately shortly after I started my boss asked me to give out a bollocking so it did look like I was one of those who had come in and thought mouthing off was how to get respect. But we got past that. I have come to see that the only secret to managing is having (or appearing to have) confidence. Say what you need to say when you need to say it, and the rest of the time keep quiet and do your other jobs. That simple.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

How come you decided to follow Aberdeen? Most of the spambots gravitate to the Junior teams. Do you get along to Pittodrie much? 

Their username suggests they are a East End regular which is confusing