Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The only thing we have brewdog to thank for is concentrating all the hipsters who individually pay by card on one pub.
Same guy also extols the virtues of Wetherspoons and coincidentally I have him a similar concession as yours there except it was that it keeps jakes and folk who dont actually like pubs out of pubs the rest of us like.

Man and his brother are attacked by three masked men carrying machetes and batons. Manage to fight them off and chase after them in car, hitting one of them hard but not killing him. Man gets 16 years for wounding with intent. I don't understand UK sentencing.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/17/driver-laughed-after-sending-man-flying-50ft-when-he-hit-him-10586725/

Man and his brother are attacked by three masked men carrying machetes and batons. Manage to fight them off and chase after them in car, hitting one of them hard but not killing him. Man gets 16 years for wounding with intent. I don't understand UK sentencing.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/17/driver-laughed-after-sending-man-flying-50ft-when-he-hit-him-10586725/

He ran the guy over in a car, what sentence do you think he should get?

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

He ran the guy over in a car, what sentence do you think he should get?

I'd have thought the 3 guys running at him with machetes would have counted as provocation in mitigation.

The only thing we have brewdog to thank for is concentrating all the hipsters who individually pay by card on one pub.

Paying by card in a pub is as quick as cash these days provided the bar staff are vaguely competent. That said, we do rounds so the individual part is probably the annoying bit?

Same guy also extols the virtues of Wetherspoons and coincidentally I have him a similar concession as yours there except it was that it keeps jakes and folk who dont actually like pubs out of pubs the rest of us like.

What are the virtues of Spoons apart from the app and (especially if you’re in London) the cheapness? Interested to hear the big man’s thoughts.

On 15/08/2019 at 11:13, SweeperDee said:

Is anyone else getting a bit jittery because of all the talk of another global recession? I stumbled across a “wallstreetbets” reddit and it was a horrifying read. I’m not clued up on stock markets and the like, so I’m guessing the lack of knowledge makes it that bit more scary.

Not really. It won't be the same as 2008, that was a totally different animal - financial crises induced recessions are significantly more damaging than non-financial ones. The main question is how a lot of developed country central banks deal with a recession this time around, they don't really appear to be equipped with a lot of policy options now.

17 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What are the virtues of Spoons apart from the app and (especially if you’re in London) the cheapness? Interested to hear the big man’s thoughts.

Some woolly shite about how its ok if you want a quick bite to eat... Grub is ok.... kids like it bla bla. 

The reality is that its all about tightness

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have thought the 3 guys running at him with machetes would have counted as provocation in mitigation.

Maybe if the guy had punched f**k out of him.

Escaping, then deciding not to escape and running them over isn't exactly self defence.