Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

35 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Only old dafties from former mining communities call it a "tea room"

I always thought a breakout room was a room where groups in a meeting could go to have a side-meeting.  

I classify a canteen as a large, open spaced room with food on offer. This is just a wee, toaty corner with a couple of tables and chairs and a vending machine (or a vendy).

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I always thought a breakout room was a room where groups in a meeting could go to have a side-meeting.  

It is. We use it as a place to have lunch as well. You have that option or sit at your desk (if you're staying in the building). Pretty drab. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

There is someone eating a roll and empire biscuit in our breakout room and I am frightened for my life. 

A guy at my school c1974 used to regularly have a roll on Flake for his piece. I see him at Rovers matches so it obviously didn't do him any harm.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I classify a canteen as a large, open spaced room with food on offer. This is just a wee, toaty corner with a couple of tables and chairs and a vending machine (or a vendy).

I thought it was when a group of people entered into a contract whereby the last surviving participant becomes the sole possessor of all them purty pictures?

Wait...

Tontine. As you were.

WskIbZYBWcbzXIbvSWXo-Rfo28w=.gif

It’s sounds like what I describe at our work as “the kitchen bit”. Basically a meeting room that’s been lino’d rather than carpeted, seats, tables, vendy, couple of fridges and an urn. Kitchen bit.