Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A: Because the combined facts that the website is called 'Daniel Whelan Engineering', is produced in the English language and the .ie domain makes it intuitively fucking obvious that the company in question is based in Ireland. If the page and title of the website contained a set of long words and indecipherable, rune-like letters then it would be quite clear instead that it was Iceland and not Ireland. Even a four year old could make this utterly basic, logical deduction.  
Coming up next time, Dee Man gets just as confused and furious because he can't tell whether a .uk company is based either in the British Isles or Tashkent, Uzbekistan!

Not everyone is cool enough to know about ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country codes

Obviously the seriously cool people like you and me do but we shouldn’t really show off about it

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

A: Because the combined facts that the website is called 'Daniel Whelan Engineering', is produced in the English language and the .ie domain makes it intuitively fucking obvious that the company in question is based in Ireland. If the page and title of the website contained a set of long words and indecipherable, rune-like letters then it would be quite clear instead that it was Iceland and not Ireland. Even a four year old could make this utterly basic, logical deduction.  

Coming up next time, Dee Man gets just as confused and furious because he can't tell whether a .uk company is based either in the British Isles or Tashkent, Uzbekistan!

Ah, so it's not the domain name itself that's "blatantly obvious" as you initially stated but a combination of different hints on the website that point to it most likely being Ireland? If you'd just said that the first time I'd probably have agreed with you and it could've saved the poor reader from this incredibly tedious chat. 

Call me old fashioned, but if I wanted to find out the location of a business I'd prefer it if they just listed their address on their website rather than having to have a stab in the dark at where they're based using a combination of using my fucking intuition on domain names and international dialling codes.

Now that we've narrowed it down to which country they're in, is there any chance you could intuitively find out which town and street they're in as I'd like to check out their range of inverted portcullis' before I put my order in? 

Thank you.

Insomnia by Faithless should be considered a classic piece of music. Utterly outstanding and even if one is long past ones clubbing days, no track of the genre has held up aswell nor evokes such vivid memories. It wasnt even one of my favourites back in the day, but it has aged incredibly well.

Faithless - Insomnia. A musical masterpiece.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Insomnia by Faithless should be considered a classic piece of music. Utterly outstanding and even if one is long past ones clubbing days, no track of the genre has held up aswell nor evokes such vivid memories. It wasnt even one of my favourites back in the day, but it has aged incredibly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mko7RpS8Nxo

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
7 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Caravans and potholes everywhere?

Potholes aye a good few. Caravans I havnt seen any. Midgies however 😞

Skin So Soft by Avon is your friend.

The bealach na ba. an amazing road indeed. 
The views are incredible. I could imagine at winter time it may be fun.
Probably the best wedding I have ever been at. Just everything about here is fine. Selective internet in certain areas is class as not many mobile are about which is teckle.
It's a Scottish/ Norwegian wedding so it has been good fun.
I believe next year I'm going on holiday to Moss . Yahooooo.

16 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The views are incredible. I could imagine at winter time it may be fun.
Probably the best wedding I have ever been at. Just everything about here is fine. Selective internet in certain areas is class as not many mobile are about which is teckle.
It's a Scottish/ Norwegian wedding so it has been good fun.
I believe next year I'm going on holiday to Moss . Yahooooo.

See the source image

IMG_9356.thumb.jpg.c55d0b0f92d8b761e034d3070013bbc6.jpg

One way to wake up at 5am on a Sunday. Thankfully (wrong word?) it was the block of flats beside ours but I wasn’t taking any risks in just waiting and got outside when I heard shouts/fire alarms etc. Boy ended up on the roof of the building, thankfully got lifted off by the Firefighters. Everyone in that block seemed safe though, which is good.

(For reference, our flat is the one with the light on (our bedroom) where the satellite dish is on the right of the picture. The room to the left of the bedroom is our living room. Could have been me!)

I remember once being rescued out of a window by a fireman in Ward Road because some scum had set a mattress on fire in the closey. Didn’t help that I was near comotose at the time. Luckily the bird I was with at the time (pre Mrs Mullarkey) was slightly less inebriated. Think she actually pumped the fireman later on tbh.

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

IMG_9356.thumb.jpg.c55d0b0f92d8b761e034d3070013bbc6.jpg

One way to wake up at 5am on a Sunday. Thankfully (wrong word?) it was the block of flats beside ours but I wasn’t taking any risks in just waiting and got outside when I heard shouts/fire alarms etc. Boy ended up on the roof of the building, thankfully got lifted off by the Firefighters. Everyone in that block seemed safe though, which is good.

(For reference, our flat is the one with the light on (our bedroom) where the satellite dish is on the right of the picture. The room to the left of the bedroom is our living room. Could have been me!)

Stood by and let his dad get a kicking. Stood by and watched a guy nearly burn to death. Pattern developing.