Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

21 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I certainly do 5 of those 7 things regularly (3 & 4 no longer needed) and get f**k all in return other than the smell of fag smoke blowing into the house every half an hour or so. 

Naked hulas and BJs?

32 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I got mistaken for a waiter in the pub last night and was asked for three beers. Curious at the best of times but this was in Uzbekistan.

It wasn't three beers, it was "Three cheers for Hamassa Kohistani"

6 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I got mistaken for a waiter in the pub last night and was asked for three beers. Curious at the best of times but this was in Uzbekistan.

Why visit a country with such an horrendous human rights record?

You would think it would be quite important to put where they are based on their website as well. I don't even know which country it is. 
Aye, the .ie domain name and the Irish dialling code was confusing for me too.

22 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:
12 hours ago, Dee Man said:
You would think it would be quite important to put where they are based on their website as well. I don't even know which country it is. 

Aye, the .ie domain name and the Irish dialling code was confusing for me too.

No offence m8, but that attempt at sarcasm might have worked if international dialling codes and country domain names were common knowledge. I might even have given you it if it was blatantly obvious that '.ie' was Ireland. 

Other than that it was well funny. 

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

No offence m8, but that attempt at sarcasm might have worked if international dialling codes and country domain names were common knowledge. I might even have given you it if it was blatantly obvious that '.ie' was Ireland. 

Other than that it was well funny. 

In fairness it also says Borris, Co Carlow, ROI at the very top of the page. 

11 hours ago, Malky3 said:

In fairness it also says Borris, Co Carlow, ROI at the very top of the page. 

Not on the mobile friendly page. Without labouring the point too much, there is literally nothing on the page that identifies where they are (unless you are familiar with international dialling codes).

20190720_155138.jpg

Edited by Dee Man

38 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Not on the mobile friendly page. Without labouring the point too much, there is literally nothing on the page that identifies where they are (unless you are familiar with international dialling codes).

20190720_155138.jpg

If someone’s called Whelan, there’s a 96.7% chance they’re Irish.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

20190720_155138.jpg

What part of the blatantly obvious .ie address do you not understand? 

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

What part of the blatantly obvious .ie address do you not understand? 

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the phrase "blatantly obvious", m8. 

Ignoring every other country having an i and an e in it's name for a second, explain to me how that domain name is "blatantly obviously" Ireland and not say, Iceland?

Edited by Dee Man

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the phrase "blatantly obvious", m8. 

Ignoring every other country having an i and an e in it's name for a second, explain to me how that domain name is "blatantly obviously" Ireland and not say, Iceland?

A: Because the combined facts that the website is called 'Daniel Whelan Engineering', is produced in the English language and the .ie domain makes it intuitively fucking obvious that the company in question is based in Ireland. If the page and title of the website contained a set of long words and indecipherable, rune-like letters then it would be quite clear instead that it was Iceland and not Ireland. Even a four year old could make this utterly basic, logical deduction.  

Coming up next time, Dee Man gets just as confused and furious because he can't tell whether a .uk company is based either in the British Isles or Tashkent, Uzbekistan!