Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Where did you get your monk shoes? My last 2 pairs (Kurt Geiger and Dune) haven't lasted well.

They’re Zara. Can be a bit hit and miss - loads more online than in stores. The stuff they sell in the shops can be pretty flimsy but I’ve a few pairs from there that have lasted years (and I generally give shoes a hard life).

5 hours ago, NJ2 said:

No wonder. Look at how her son dresses ffs!
(Hope your mum makes a full and speedy recovery because I’m a nice boy really)

Thanks! She wishes she was well enough to go to a Swiss clinic to be put down. A lifetime of pills and booze has caught up with her organs and brain, plus she never really got over the death of my sister. There’s a cheery one for yer Friday night!

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

They’re Zara. Can be a bit hit and miss - loads more online than in stores. The stuff they sell in the shops can be pretty flimsy but I’ve a few pairs from there that have lasted years (and I generally give shoes a hard life).

Cheers I'll have a look, I also knacker my shoes somehow. 

Hope your mum is in a better place soon!

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Thanks! She wishes she was well enough to go to a Swiss clinic to be put down. A lifetime of pills and booze has caught up with her organs and brain, plus she never really got over the death of my sister. There’s a cheery one for yer Friday night!

There's a spare bed in my care home just now. Send her in, she sounds fun. 

Seriously though, I hope she's being well cared for. 

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

https://youtu.be/-w6hsMqebpc

On 12/07/2019 at 17:11, Dele said:

IMG_1806.thumb.PNG.09933a8d51b4c1c272b6d984d856cb31.PNG

Looking at jobs and just seen this. I've never seen a company offer you your birthday off as part of your holiday entitlement. Is this common?! :huh:

I know a few folk who work in advertising/marketing, and it seems it's becoming fairly common practice in that industry, although most are allowed to defer it to the nearest Friday/Monday to effectively give them a long weekend for their birthday. One also gets an additional day on her "work anniversary", then after 5 years that becomes just another day of annual leave.

I'm visiting a new bit at work today and I'm surrounded by totally unfamiliar faces - a guy walked in and my immediate thought was he's Blue Nosed to f'ck.

He's now been sitting talking utter shite about 'Rangers' for about half an hour, think it was the overly-confident way he swaggered his chubby frame across the room that gave him away.

(It's like sitting within earshot of a talking Daily Record)

I'm visiting a new bit at work today and I'm surrounded by totally unfamiliar faces - a guy walked in and my immediate thought was he's Blue Nosed to f'ck.
He's now been sitting talking utter shite about 'Rangers' for about half an hour, think it was the overly-confident way he swaggered his chubby frame across the room that gave him away.

(It's like sitting within earshot of a talking Daily Record)
Just tell him that The Rangers are deid mate, get up and move to a different table.

11 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

Why have you got two different shoes on asks the wife? So it seems I've been cutting about like this for a couple of hours and that includes going to the shop for a paper. To be fair they are quite similar 

IMG_20190714_151536_367.jpg

Apart from the light and dark bits 🤣

Why have you got two different shoes on asks the wife? So it seems I've been cutting about like this for a couple of hours and that includes going to the shop for a paper. To be fair they are quite similar 
IMG_20190714_151536_367.thumb.jpg.c873f758321ff89244ef77f1e17c2fed.jpg
Having no socks on is much worse than having the wrong shoes on. Especially if its for more than about 30 seconds

29 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

Like Shirley Bassey on the Morecambe and Wise show.

1 hour ago, Mr Pikey said:

I genuinely wonder how some P&B posters go through a day without submitting themselves for the  Darwin awards.

I have just spent half an hour looking for a set of keys that were in my pocket.

IMG_20190714_151536_367.thumb.jpg.c873f758321ff89244ef77f1e17c2fed.jpg

“Quite similar” in that they are both shoes?