Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

A Jambo charged with the murder of Bradley Welsh: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-48268748

As I remember it the intrepid crime reporters of the Sun and Record were confidently saying it was definitely a Somali hitman or a Weegie hitman, respectively. Turns out it's some fuckwit from Addiewell.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As I remember it the intrepid crime reporters of the Sun and Record were confidently saying it was definitely a Somali hitman or a Weegie hitman, respectively. Turns out it's some fuckwit from Addiewell.

Addiewell nick. He’s a West Edinburgh chap. 

I think police said they can’t rule it out, they couldn’t rule anything out...which roughly translated in paper talk to “must be Somali pirate types”

17 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you like the sound of your teeth smashing? So weird not feeling a thing but hearing the dentist crunch f**k out of the gnashers. 

I had this when I was given a crown. 

Was particularly annoying as it started off with my first and only filling that was fairly insignificant. That fell out a month later, they made a bigger hole for a replacement filling, the side enamel then cracked off and it got to the point they just said "There's more filling than tooth now, let's just drill it right down to a stump and stick a crown on it.  The dental equivalent of Father Ted's attempt to fix that dent on the car. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I had this when I was given a crown. 

Was particularly annoying as it started off with my first and only filling that was fairly insignificant. That fell out a month later, they made a bigger hole for a replacement filling, the side enamel then cracked off and it got to the point they just said "There's more filling than tooth now, let's just drill it right down to a stump and stick a crown on it.  The dental equivalent of Father Ted's attempt to fix that dent on the car. 

Precisely what I'm having done in about 45 minutes! Side enamel cracked off after a filling; I've had a temporary crown for the last couple of weeks and going to have the permanent one fitted now. I was fine about it until I read your post!

(Helps that the dentist is a definite wid. But no pics as that would be creepy.)

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Precisely what I'm having done in about 45 minutes! Side enamel cracked off after a filling; I've had a temporary crown for the last couple of weeks and going to have the permanent one fitted now. I was fine about it until I read your post!

(Helps that the dentist is a definite wid. But no pics as that would be creepy.)

Same here!

Just don't wear loose trousers when you're lying down face up for a while.  Things can get awkward.

Edited by Hedgecutter

“Avogadro’s number, a basic unit of measure in chemistry, which was named for Avogadro long after his death. It is the number of molecules found in 2.016 grams of hydrogen gas (or an equal volume of any other gas). Its value is placed at 6.0221367 x 10^23, which is an enormously large number. Chemistry students have long amused themselves by computing just how large a number it is, so I can report that it is equivalent to the number of popcorn kernels needed to cover the United States to a depth of nine miles, or cupfuls of water in the Pacific Ocean, or soft drink cans that would, evenly stacked, cover the Earth to a depth of 200 miles. An equivalent number of American pennies would be enough to make every person on Earth a dollar trillionaire. It is a big number.”
[emoji44]

37 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

“Avogadro’s number, a basic unit of measure in chemistry, which was named for Avogadro long after his death. It is the number of molecules found in 2.016 grams of hydrogen gas (or an equal volume of any other gas). Its value is placed at 6.0221367 x 10^23, which is an enormously large number. Chemistry students have long amused themselves by computing just how large a number it is, so I can report that it is equivalent to the number of popcorn kernels needed to cover the United States to a depth of nine miles, or cupfuls of water in the Pacific Ocean, or soft drink cans that would, evenly stacked, cover the Earth to a depth of 200 miles. An equivalent number of American pennies would be enough to make every person on Earth a dollar trillionaire. It is a big number.”
emoji44.png

Covering the United States nine miles deep in popcorn kernels seems like a good idea to me.

In a Vietnamese place earlier, two notable things.

Without any irony, a guy came in and asked if it was dog friendly. Thankfully they chased him.

I got cutlery, but watched other Asian customers use chopsticks. What a performance, sooking and slabbering, scraping food in to their gubs from the edge of the bowl etc.

Chopsticks don't work.

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Chopsticks don't work.

Have you noticed that when people eat Chinese food in American films, everybody uses chopsticks? Is it taught at school or something?

A Jambo charged with the murder of Bradley Welsh: 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-48268748

I don’t know about his footballing preferences but he’s presumably the same Sean Orman that received a five year sentence, five years ago, for armed robbery

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31661599

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Without any irony, a guy came in and asked if it was dog friendly. Thankfully they chased him.

I got cutlery, but watched other Asian customers use chopsticks. What a performance, sooking and slabbering, scraping food in to their gubs from the edge of the bowl etc.

Chopsticks don't work.

"Chopsticks are the reason the Chinese didn't invent custard"- Spike Milligan. 

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Chopsticks don't work.

Bit exotic for you? Do the Vietnamese do rolls and sausage?