Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

That's only about 70p though Isn't it? Not really a big deal for the convenience if you are taking 200 quid or so out.

ETA can't spell convenience, for shame.

It is, aye, and I think the fact that almost no one here lifts less than 3 figures from a machine at any point is perhaps why it's not so much of an issue. Paying £1.50 to lift 20 quid would be a sore one.

Guest Moomintroll
It is, aye, and I think the fact that almost no one here lifts less than 3 figures from a machine at any point is perhaps why it's not so much of an issue. Paying £1.50 to lift 20 quid would be a sore one.
Agreed, sod that.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You're posting a lot of "yes this shit thing in Britain is also normal and accepted in Switzerland" patter today.

The TV license one I feel the need to correct. Hear it regularly that "Only we in the UK would pay it" or patter along those lines, which is complete bollocks. Off the top of my head, Austria, Germany, France and Italy all also have an equivalent.

The bank charges is similar. A lot of other places will charge you for using any service associated with your account.

I just think the British, and Scottish folk in particular need to stop being so fucking whiny about every little perceived hardship they face.

Across the EU, the cost of a licence ranges from €53 in Poland to €335 in Austria. In The UK, where the licence is also required for users of the BBC’s online iPlayer service, it is €170, while in France it is €136 and in Germany it is €215. Scandinavian countries tend to have higher fees, with Denmark charging €335.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/how-much-does-a-tv-licence-cost-in-other-countries-1.3020199

Guest Moomintroll
The TV license one I feel the need to correct. Hear it regularly that "Only we in the UK would pay it" or patter along those lines, which is complete bollocks. Off the top of my head, Austria, Germany, France and Italy all also have an equivalent.
The bank charges is similar. A lot of other places will charge you for using any service associated with your account.
I just think the British, and Scottish folk in particular need to stop being so fucking whiny about every little perceived hardship they face.
Aye but theym ( no idea who theym ur in this instance, but ffs stop whining, not you Ross). I have to pay 9 quid every 28 days for my happy pills to help prevent me killing myself, do I care that if I was back home I wouldn't have to pay for them? NO, I am just happy(ish) that someone cares more than me that I should stay on this planet.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Free ATMs disappearing around our city and town centers.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/05/free-atms-vanishing-as-1-700-started-charging-this-year/

and again

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/free-atms-disappearing-staggering-rate-14975266

Hands up who think this is a good idea this return to being charged by an ATM to access your own money?

I'm sure there are a few on here who won't go that extra mile to a free one and visit a charging one cause its closer to home?

I was having this conversation with a friend earlier. The shop I use to top up my electric/gas at paypoint, the atm has introduced a charge.

The shops in a pretty deprived area and a lot of people use the paypoint for bills. Paypoint can only be paid in cash. 

The nearest free one isn’t open on Sundays or late. Asda is a fair trek away if you’ve kids and no car. 

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Get the f**k out of my internet, Mark.

9 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Well today is my second birthday after receiving my stem cells back this afternoon! Now time for them to graft back into the bone marrow. Quite emotional watching them dance up the tube back into my blood stream. Hope this spells the start of a long remission period for me :thumsup2

Pics or gtf. All the best. Cmon the stem cells!

Edited by welshbairn

Scientology cruise ship quarantined because someone got measles. They apparently aren't anti-vaxxers but still pretty funny.

I periodically go down Scientology rabbit holes and watched some videos of Joe Rogan podcasts with Leah Remini and Louis Theroux the other day, I think we can be sure that it’s money they care about more than anything else.

The founder of Scientology wrote a book called Affirmations, featuring statements relating to issues he encountered in his life. He would use these statements as a kind of self hypnosis, they eventually became the basis of Dianetics, the base of Scientology.

Some of the statements were positive statements

can write."
"My mind is still brilliant."
"That masturbation was no sin or crime."
"That I do not need to have ulcers any more."
"That I am fortunate in losing Polly and my parents, for they never meant well by me."
"That I believe in my gods and spiritual things."
"That my magical work is powerful and effective."
"That the numbers 7, 25, and 16 are not unlucky or evil for me."
"That I am not bad to look upon."
"That I am not susceptible to colds."
"That Sara is always beautiful to me."
"That these words and commands are like fire and will sear themselves into every corner of my being, making me happy and well and confident forever!

Some of them were health related:

Your eyes are getting progressively better. They became bad when you used them as an excuse to escape the naval academy. You have no reason to keep them bad."
"Your stomach trouble you used as an excuse to keep the Navy from punishing you. You are free of the Navy."
"Your hip is a pose. You have a sound hip. It never hurts. Your shoulder never hurts."
"Your foot was an alibi. The injury is no longer needed."

Some of them related to sexuality. He sounds 100% normal

Testosterone blends easily with your own hormones . . . You have no fear of what any woman may think of your bed conduct. You know you are a master. You know they will be thrilled. You can come many times without weariness . . . Many women are not capable of pleasure in sex and anything adverse they say or do has no effect whatever upon your pleasure."
"You have no fear if they conceive. What if they do? You do not care. Pour it into them and let fate decide."
"You can tell all the romantic tales you wish.… But you know which ones were lies . . . You have enough real experience to make anecdotes forever. Stick to your true adventures."
"Masturbation does not injure or make insane. Your parents were in error. Everyone masturbates."

Finally, some were his personal goals or aspirations and beliefs about himself. Again, 100% normal stuff, nothing weird no sirree Bob

You are radiant like sunlight."
"You can read music."
"You are a magnificent writer who has thrilled millions."
"Ability to drop into a trance state at will."
"Lack of necessity of following a pulp pattern."
"You did a fine job in the Navy. No one there is now 'out to get you.'"
"You are psychic."
"You do not masturbate."
"You do not know anger. Your patience is infinite."
"Snakes are not dangerous to you. There are no snakes in the bottom of your bed."
"You believe implicitly in God. You have no doubts of the All Powerful. You believe your Guardian perfectly."

I periodically go down Scientology rabbit holes and watched some videos of Joe Rogan podcasts with Leah Remini and Louis Theroux the other day, I think we can be sure that it’s money they care about more than anything else.

Joe Rogan did Smokebox with B-Real recently. He was absolutely fucked! [emoji1]

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The founder of Scientology wrote a book called Affirmations, featuring statements relating to issues he encountered in his life. He would use these statements as a kind of self hypnosis, they eventually became the basis of Dianetics, the base of Scientology.

Some of the statements were positive statements

can write."
"My mind is still brilliant."
"That masturbation was no sin or crime."
"That I do not need to have ulcers any more."
"That I am fortunate in losing Polly and my parents, for they never meant well by me."
"That I believe in my gods and spiritual things."
"That my magical work is powerful and effective."
"That the numbers 7, 25, and 16 are not unlucky or evil for me."
"That I am not bad to look upon."
"That I am not susceptible to colds."
"That Sara is always beautiful to me."
"That these words and commands are like fire and will sear themselves into every corner of my being, making me happy and well and confident forever!

Some of them were health related:

Your eyes are getting progressively better. They became bad when you used them as an excuse to escape the naval academy. You have no reason to keep them bad."
"Your stomach trouble you used as an excuse to keep the Navy from punishing you. You are free of the Navy."
"Your hip is a pose. You have a sound hip. It never hurts. Your shoulder never hurts."
"Your foot was an alibi. The injury is no longer needed."

Some of them related to sexuality. He sounds 100% normal

Testosterone blends easily with your own hormones . . . You have no fear of what any woman may think of your bed conduct. You know you are a master. You know they will be thrilled. You can come many times without weariness . . . Many women are not capable of pleasure in sex and anything adverse they say or do has no effect whatever upon your pleasure."
"You have no fear if they conceive. What if they do? You do not care. Pour it into them and let fate decide."
"You can tell all the romantic tales you wish.… But you know which ones were lies . . . You have enough real experience to make anecdotes forever. Stick to your true adventures."
"Masturbation does not injure or make insane. Your parents were in error. Everyone masturbates."

Finally, some were his personal goals or aspirations and beliefs about himself. Again, 100% normal stuff, nothing weird no sirree Bob

You are radiant like sunlight."
"You can read music."
"You are a magnificent writer who has thrilled millions."
"Ability to drop into a trance state at will."
"Lack of necessity of following a pulp pattern."
"You did a fine job in the Navy. No one there is now 'out to get you.'"
"You are psychic."
"You do not masturbate."
"You do not know anger. Your patience is infinite."
"Snakes are not dangerous to you. There are no snakes in the bottom of your bed."
"You believe implicitly in God. You have no doubts of the All Powerful. You believe your Guardian perfectly."

I wonder if Throbs has ever thought of starting a religion...