Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

47 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Pub up the road from me has used this image to promote their Easter weekend deals. Not the best picture to use to promote a business with that headline tbh. IMG_1846.jpg

Just lose The Record altogether, unless they're going for the hauf n a hauf Easter Weekend horse racing on the telly market.

On 21/04/2019 at 21:35, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Saw a dead pigeon on my walk home from work yesterday. Nothing nasty; it just looked like it had just carked it while on the roof above and dropped to the street below.

The image that's stuck in my mind, however, is that of its mate nudging it with its head in the hope that it was going to wake up. I stopped to watch for a while, and it even wandered off to pick up some scraps from the road, before bringing them back and dropping them next to the body.

Am I a massive wuss for feeling a bit miserable about this today?

There is a small sort of roof garden next to the window of my office. A few years ago we were treated to the sight of a peregrine falcon tucking into one of Edinburgh's pigeons. 

Personally I would have preferred the site of a vulture tucking into one of Edinburgh's pavement cyclists but you can't have everything. 

38 minutes ago, sjc said:

Has anyone, regardless of their attractiveness ever looked good wearing a bow tie?

Off the top of my head - James Bond, The Rat Pack, most of the stars during Hollywood's golden age, Barack Obama, Vito Corleone, David Beckham, Malcolm X and Moe off The Simpsons. 

38 minutes ago, sjc said:

Dungarees too!

Oor Wullie, obviously. Other than that, I'm struggling.

6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Off the top of my head - James Bond, The Rat Pack, most of the stars during Hollywood's golden age, Barack Obama, Vito Corleone, David Beckham, Malcolm X and Moe off The Simpsons. 

Oor Wullie, obviously. Other than that, I'm struggling.

Pics or GTF.

8 hours ago, sjc said:

Has anyone, regardless of their attractiveness ever looked good wearing a bow tie?

Dungarees too!

1 hour ago, sjc said:

Still not having it!

You can add cardigans to the list too!

You're welcome. 

80s-knitted-sweater-fashion-wit-knits-47-582194f969134__700.jpg