Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

43 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m sorry for saying you look like a weirdo, I feel awful about it.

First the horrible murder of a good friend and now this heartbreaking insult. Hopefully next week will be a better week.

Was it the one in Newhaven where the kids are dumped in the soft play whilst the parents binge drink? 

I’m in Elgin this weekend and this is my first time at a brewers fayre and to say I wasn’t impressed would be an understatement.

First of all I ordered a pint of bellhaven best, I was playing at the soft play for maybe 5 minutes but by the time I had my first mouthful it was room temperature. It also tasted salty. It was so bad I had to return it and swap it for a pint of Tennents which at least was palatable.

To eat I had a sirloin steak and chips, it stated that all steaks came with onion rings but mine never. Upon receiving the plate I enquired about onion rings and was told they’d get right on it but they never arrived despite me asking again a few minutes later. I requested the steak to be medium rare but I’m certain this wasn’t taken down right as the steak was clearly cooked in a George Forman grill for an indefinite period. The steak was edible but I’m certain if I slapped it hard enough on the table It would have broken in half. The sauce that was sold to me as “jack Daniels sauce” was at very least 95% balsamic vinegar. Each individual chip was somehow under cooked and burnt at the same time, I’d say 30% of each chip was edible and the rest was either incinerated or too hard as it wasn’t cooked through. I honestly don’t know how they managed to make them that bad.

Dessert was an aero chocolate sundae which was alright I suppose but I’m pretty certain it was just an aero bar thrown into a bowl and thrown together with sgooshy cream and vanilla ice cream. A child also pished in the soft play and me and my daughter had to squeeze past the wet patch to return to our table for our desert.

2/10.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m in Elgin this weekend and this is my first time at a brewers fayre and to say I wasn’t impressed would be an understatement.

2/10.

Should have gone to the Drouthy Cobbler.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

It wasn’t my call, I never had to pay for the food either but still feel soiled having gone there. I won’t be back.

I usually avoid these chain eateries like the plague, dismal, bland and full of lonely sales reps groping the waitresses. However the Beefeater in Inverness keep doing half price offers and the steaks are excellent.