Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've been confused by their desperation to describe him as an actor, rather than the full story.

Would they not be better promoting his redemptive story? Or is there perhaps a fear that the shooting is connected to his previous life, and it could undo the good work?

26 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've been confused by their desperation to describe him as an actor, rather than the full story.

Would they not be better promoting his redemptive story? Or is there perhaps a fear that the shooting is connected to his previous life, and it could undo the good work?

It gets clicks.

For folk who have never heard of him before, I would say there are more likely to click an article on the "Trainspotting star shot dead", rather than the "gangster turned good guy shot dead"...

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He was like a cross between Jim Leishman MBE and Mike Tyson. Outwith Edinburgh it's totally understandable people would think "who" but in Edinburgh his drive to do stuff like this...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/trainspotting-author-backs-free-summer-sporting-classes-for-kids-1-4762566 

was relentless. Or raising £42k for The Sick Kids hospital or getting businesses to donate bikes to kids - he just never stopped. 

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Raises the question about why he’s been shot? Still involved in dodgy dealings? 

Or some psychopath with a long held grudge? Just hope the rest of his family are kept safe.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
30 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

This is the thing that’s not really being mentioned, for whatever reason.

Presumably cos none of us know, the guy isnt cold yet and there are folk on here who know him personally...

Shandon put it on and is long enough in the tooth to know what to expect.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Shandon put it on and is long enough in the tooth to know what to expect.

Brad did time for firearms offences when he was younger so it’s not too insensitive to suggest that he may have had different social circles to the rest of us! 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Brad did time for firearms offences when he was younger so it’s not too insensitive to suggest that he may have had different social circles to the rest of us! 

I know his reputation, but didn't know him or anyone that actually knew him. In my experience once you are "in" to a certain level you can never really get out, regardless of the good work you do later on. He might have been trying to prevent certain criminal activity or taking part in it. You can't live in the area and unknow your ex-colleagues and adversaries and the nature of their business means ruthless action about loss of face or even small amounts of money is common.

I’m moving near Musselburgh/portybelly. It’s largely down to the Mrs who wanted to stay closer to town, I’d happily have moved to fife and got a bigger place but she was having none of it.

Loads of areas around the bypass are being built on in the next few years which is why Edinburgh will be more populated than Glasgow in 2030 apparently.

That’ll be good then. Get a nice wander along the beach with the wife and bairn now and again.