Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Multiple reports out of Peru that the country's former president Alan Garcia shot himself after police arrived at his Lima home to arrest him in connection with a bribery investigation. Local media say he has been taken to hospital.

Ah well

Hopefully Tony Blair takes note.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Even worse.  So is Tommi the African Grey parrot in Birnie’s Pet Shop in Elgin. 36 is not too bad an age I suppose.

Not really. They can live up to about 60 years in captivity so Tommi was only middle-aged.

Even worse.  So is Tommi the African Grey parrot in Birnie’s Pet Shop in Elgin. 36 is not too bad an age I suppose.

It is if you're 35.

He'll be signed by Kilmarnock as an 18 year old, not to worry. 

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Just scored a last minute winner in a parents v kids match at the boys fitba.

A sensational finish from a whole two yards out.  I really shouldn't have but couldn't help myself.  The competitive edge is still there :lol:

An added bonus is he isn't speaking to me now...

Not sure where to put this so apologies in advance if it's a bit morbid for GN. You may have heard in the news about the death of Bradley Welsh. It may be "Film Star", "Boxing gym owner", "Former football hooligan", "Charity campaigner" or various other titles that are understandable yet in no way convey the breadth of the guy's contribution to life. 

I've never met anyone with his energy, enthusiasm, drive and sense of social justice. In recent months Brad has pulled the tail of Bauer Media, Jet 2 and racist football fans. Anyone who walked in his gym - whether it was a kid from an immigrant family looking for love and inclusion or a serious boxer - would get the same warm welcome and would be made to feel part of the family. 

He put on free football coaching for kids (even getting guys like Griffiths, Scott Brown, Lee Wallace to come along), free boxing training in communities, tirelessly raised money for charity, organised food banks. He brought together people from all walks of life to pool talent to be able to organise events for the underprivileged. His coaching has given a sense of self belief and purpose to thousands over the years. He leaves behind a lovely wee girl and his missus. 

On a personal level he has been a massively influential figure in terms of fitness, self confidence and enjoying life. Experiences like boxing at an Irvine Welsh book launch or boxing at Porty Town Hall, helping behind the scenes with events, introducing folk to sparring and helping them learn new skills are experiences I'll never forget and they're all down to him. Hundreds, even thousands of folk in Edinburgh will have the same sort of life-enriching stories.  

So, when you hear him mentioned in the news etc just take a second to reflect on what a colossal contribution Brad made to the lives of so many folk in Edinburgh. The drive that made him such a menace as a youngster was turned to a drive to help as many people as he could. He was a force of nature and utterly irreplaceable. RIP Wee Brad. 

Let me off just this once with mentioning boxing @Bobby Skidmarks ! 

Not sure where to put this so apologies in advance if it's a bit morbid for GN. You may have heard in the news about the death of Bradley Welsh. It may be "Film Star", "Boxing gym owner", "Former football hooligan", "Charity campaigner" or various other titles that are understandable yet in no way convey the breadth of the guy's contribution to life. 
I've never met anyone with his energy, enthusiasm, drive and sense of social justice. In recent months Brad has pulled the tail of Bauer Media, Jet 2 and racist football fans. Anyone who walked in his gym - whether it was a kid from an immigrant family looking for love and inclusion or a serious boxer - would get the same warm welcome and would be made to feel part of the family. 
He put on free football coaching for kids (even getting guys like Griffiths, Scott Brown, Lee Wallace to come along), free boxing training in communities, tirelessly raised money for charity, organised food banks. He brought together people from all walks of life to pool talent to be able to organise events for the underprivileged. His coaching has given a sense of self belief and purpose to thousands over the years. He leaves behind a lovely wee girl and his missus. 
On a personal level he has been a massively influential figure in terms of fitness, self confidence and enjoying life. Experiences like boxing at an Irvine Welsh book launch or boxing at Porty Town Hall, helping behind the scenes with events, introducing folk to sparring and helping them learn new skills are experiences I'll never forget and they're all down to him. Hundreds, even thousands of folk in Edinburgh will have the same sort of life-enriching stories.  
So, when you hear him mentioned in the news etc just take a second to reflect on what a colossal contribution Brad made to the lives of so many folk in Edinburgh. The drive that made him such a menace as a youngster was turned to a drive to help as many people as he could. He was a force of nature and utterly irreplaceable. RIP Wee Brad. 
Let me off just this once with mentioning boxing [mention=31436]Bobby Skidmarks[/mention] ! 

There will be lots of those "other titles" going about no doubt, but boxing is a redemptive sport more so than most, filled with characters of questionable pasts who have turned it around and have set about helping to do so for others. Honestly no idea what he was or wasnt into but as you say, he will have a legacy like the one you described for a shit load of local people.