Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

it was maybe lucky to survive the Second World War- "General von Choltitz was an unrepentant Nazi, and had been ordered by Hitler to leave the city a "heap of burning ruins", but he also realized the battle was lost, and he did not want to be captured by the Resistance. Through the offices of the Swedish Consul-General, Raoul Nordling, he ignored Hitler's orders and arranged a truce.  Choltitz later asserted that his defiance of Hitler's direct order stemmed from its obvious military futility, his affection for the French capital's history and culture, and his belief that Hitler had by then become insane."

Disputed apparently.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20140825/nazi-general-didnt-save-paris-expert 

7 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

All this chat about rebuilding the Notre Dame.   It was starting to look rather dated.    Wouldn't it be best pulled down and you could built a cracking shopping centre in its place?   

Edinburgh Council are suggesting a hotel or student accomodation.... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47951065

The woman behind the restoration of Glasgow School of Art's fire-ravaged Mackintosh building has described the Notre-Dame blaze as "déjà vu".

Liz Davidson described firefighters as "heroes" for saving priceless artefacts from both the iconic French cathedral and the Glasgow art school.

She said they planned to offer to help and advice on restoring the historic building to its former glory...

... then burning it down again?

50 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47951065

The woman behind the restoration of Glasgow School of Art's fire-ravaged Mackintosh building has described the Notre-Dame blaze as "déjà vu".

Liz Davidson described firefighters as "heroes" for saving priceless artefacts from both the iconic French cathedral and the Glasgow art school.

She said they planned to offer to help and advice on restoring the historic building to its former glory...

... then burning it down again?

"Don't do what we did" would be fairly sound advice tbh.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've fixed now, I meant elephant. They are tormenting one by making it blow popcorn out a drainpipe now.

I think your original post still bears thinking about.  If it was something heavy like Mercury or Cadmium then I could believe it.  If it was something like Helium, then I'm calling bullshit on you Sarge, BULLSHIT!

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think your original post still bears thinking about.  If it was something heavy like Mercury or Cadmium then I could believe it.  If it was something like Helium, then I'm calling bullshit on you Sarge, BULLSHIT!

It's true.

Eta, penguins with malaria now. This is brilliant.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

40 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Watching day time telly ( I know how to live). Apparently an elephant's sneeze is powerful enough to knock out a dog. 

What kind of dog, how do you even find that out?

Can't help with an elephant sneezing - this is the closest I could find.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Multiple reports out of Peru that the country's former president Alan Garcia shot himself after police arrived at his Lima home to arrest him in connection with a bribery investigation. Local media say he has been taken to hospital.

Ah well

Dead.