Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

After David Beckham posted the pic of him kissing his daughter at an ice rink it caused a bit of a stir and then people started sharing pictures of themselves kissing their kids on the lips to defy the haters which I definitely did find weird. There was one pic where a guy was kissing his daughter on the lips and they both had their middle finger pointing to the camera which really was pretty unnecessary. Just normally kissing your kids on the lips isn’t weird at all though, people objecting to it are the ones acting weird and are viewing it as some sort of paedoish behaviour and should ask themselves why it bothers them so much.

Easy: cheek kiss to show affection for family members and friends. Lip kissing to show romantic attraction for your other half.

That’s fair enough then for you and your kids, not really your place to tell other parents what they should be doing though.

I don't, and never have.
As I've explained many times before, I came up with an invention after seeing a gap in the market. 
Did Steve Madden fantasise over women's shoes? No, but he saw a gap in the market and took advantage.
Plus it was amputees, not dwarves, although I suppose dwarves might work. It would be up to the buyer.

The phrase “seeing a gap in the market” is doing lifting so heavy in this post that it could qualify for World’s strongest Man and give Eddie Hall a solid run for his money.

50 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I was backing up your point. Very defensive Dee Man.

Apologies for reading it wrong, I was genuinely waiting on someone trying to pull me up for that. I think the stress of your upcoming wedding is getting to me. 

On 25/03/2019 at 14:01, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Dusseldorf flight ends up in Edinburgh due to "paperwork error".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47691478

Not quite the same disruption, but a chopper has gone and done a similar thing:

Helicopter lands on wrong North Sea platform

Sometimes I just don't understand people.   

My normal day consists of arriving in Edinburgh about 08:45 and leaving in the ProCeed around 16:00.   There's a pedestrian crossing fairly close to Crewe Toll that's used by a Mother/Blonde Kid combo during these times.    When ever they wish to cross the  boy always pushes the circular button on the pelican crossing and that's excellent parenting, and whether I'm running late or not I've huge tolerance towards this.    But...the mother allows the blonde haired boy to push the button on once he's crossed the road and it massively, and unnecessarily snags the flow of traffic for the southbound commuter.     

After work today I was using the Comely Bank Waitrose and this Woman/Blonde Kid combo were in shopping and I thought it the perfect opportunity to make a friend and offer corrective advice.   Sadly the woman wasn't open or receptive towards my sage advice and unnecessarily involved her husband and store security services.    

Acid test will be Monday to see whether my intervention's been worthwhile.   

Edited by Billy Rubin

2 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

Sometimes I just don't understand people.   

My normal day consists of arriving in Edinburgh about 08:45 and leaving in the ProCeed around 16:00.   There's a pedestrian crossing fairly close to Crewe Toll that's used by a Mother/Blonde Kid combo during these times.    When ever they wish to cross the  boy always pushes the circular button on the pelican crossing and that's excellent parenting, and whether I'm running late or not if huge tolerance towards this.    But...the mother allows the blonde haired boy to push the button on once he's crossed the road and it massively, and unnecessarily snags the flow of traffic for the southbound commuter.     

After work today I was using the Comely Bank Waitrose and this Woman/Blonde Kid combo were in shopping and I thought it the perfect opportunity to make a friend and offer corrective advice.   Sadly the woman wasn't welcome and  receptive to my sage advice and unnecessarily involved her husband and store security services.    

Acid test will be Monday to see whether my intervention's been worthwhile.   

I think the acid test will be tomorrow when you'll see if the police have taken the family's complaint seriously

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I think the acid test will be tomorrow when you'll see if the police have taken the family's complaint seriously

I was hoping that it wouldn't disrupt the trial schedule for unruly traffic light ignoring cyclists, but go ahead.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think the acid test will be if this actually took place outside of PB's mind.

And if it did, was the wifie a wid nor a wid not. 

Took place in the Waitrose.     You can get some cracking meatballs out of Waitrose these days which is great if - like me - you're trying to shed a few pounds for the cycle watching season.  

Watching the news here tonight, story about a tourist falling into the Grand Canyon. They’re looking for him.
“......he fell over 4000 feet. Authorities don’t believe he survived”
I laughed at that more than I should have

1 hour ago, Billy Rubin said:

Took place in the Waitrose.     You can get some cracking meatballs out of Waitrose these days which is great if - like me - you're trying to shed a few pounds for the cycle watching season.  

arbroath.jpg.33de79ed830793a0f74f50e669b20df3.jpg

on top: some old Smokies (not covered in cheese)

I hope you didn't lose your meatballs when somebody sneezed. 

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Watching the news here tonight, story about a tourist falling into the Grand Canyon. They’re looking for him.
“......he fell over 4000 feet. Authorities don’t believe he survived”
I laughed at that more than I should have

Similar to when you hear a news story like: Police today said his dismembered remains were found inside a suitcase. A spokesman said they are treating the death as suspicious.