Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Starting a job in Skye today, stopped at McD’s in Fort William and put skye into my sat nav and it’s taken me to Mallaig. Apparently the bridge isn’t in Mallaig. Heading back to Fort William now.

Only 100 miles detour.

You drove in to the sea, didn't you?

This is you;

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Starting a job in Skye today, stopped at McD’s in Fort William and put skye into my sat nav and it’s taken me to Mallaig. Apparently the bridge isn’t in Mallaig. Heading back to Fort William now.

Only 100 miles detour.

Calling cards of morons for this pish imo

54 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Calling cards of morons for this pish imo

Couldn't agree more. 

The reason I knew what he'd done wrong is that I was giving a former brain-dead work colleague directions to Skye the day before he had his first trip up there in his truck. I had the map out on the back of my car pointing out every road he had to take but I could tell the c**t wasn't taking it in despite him asking me to show him. I got a phonecall from him the next day asking me where he had to go at the low bridge. When I asked him what low bridge he was on about I realised he had typed Skye into his sat-nav and was on the Mallaig road. 

I asked him WTF was the point in me explaining how to get there and told him never to ask me for directions again. I was raging that bridge was there and wished he'd made it all the way to Mallaig before realising his mistake. Stupid bridge. 

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Tbf to Drew, if you use Google Maps it directs you via the ferry rather than the bridge as technically it’s quicker.

All depends when the next ferry is. When Drew posted it was about 6 hours away, didn't like to tell him though in case we persuaded him to go back to Mallaig. :whistle

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Tbf to Drew, if you use Google Maps it directs you via the ferry rather than the bridge as technically it’s quicker. That being said it’s very obvious that’s what it’s doing so easy enough to change to the bridge route as I did last week.

Aye that's if you're using Google maps direction function as opposed to using a map as it was originally intended. 

Never mind this 'to be fair' nonsense, there's no fun in that. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Aye that's if you're using Google maps direction function as opposed to using a map as it was originally intended. 

Never mind this 'to be fair' nonsense, there's no fun in that. 

How on earth could you use Google Maps whilst driving without the direction function? Unless you mean stopping every few miles to check you’re on the right road like a paper map, in which case you’d be fucking mental.

Imagine Google Maps assuming that you are driving a vehicle and that you're not too much of a tightarse to pay for the fucking car ferry that takes you to the island quicker than some shan bridge in forming its best route. Totally out of order. 

Brain was mush earlier and whilst filling the car up with petrol i was watching the litres counter instead of the £/p counter. Now i can't live with the fact i've put £35.87 of petrol in the motor. My OCD is seriously in overdrive right now.