Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I keep an old train ticket in my wallet with a pretend phone number scribbled on it and my pin in the middle. 
years ago my pin was part of my national insurance number. should really go back to that. my first card i changed to 1987, my year of birth. not smart but there was nothing to steal back then!

1 minute ago, ah-dee said:
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
I keep an old train ticket in my wallet with a pretend phone number scribbled on it and my pin in the middle. 

years ago my pin was part of my national insurance number. should really go back to that. my first card i changed to 1987, my year of birth. not smart but there was nothing to steal back then!

8719 would be safer.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I was in a taxi that took cash only and as I had no cash the driver stopped at a cash machine, I think it was the stress of the taxi waiting on me that caused me to have a lapse in memory. That and my girlfriend was in a foul mood and had just blown up at me about being an irresponsible father.

I think my pin is 9771 - I kept trying to put 9882 in.

Flaw in the system.   There should be some leeway so if you're near your pin ( like you were ) it recognizes you make a decent attempt and dispenses your cash, and not some mad man typing in 4514.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I bought something on my card that exceeded £30 on Saturday and had to enter my pin to pay, then half an hour later I tried to withdraw cash and completely forgot my pin, I still can’t remember what it is.

This happened to me a few hours back. I tried it twice and it wasn't having it. Hopefully I'll wake up remembering it. Mine, not yours, obviously. 

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I keep PINs on my phone disguised as phone numbers

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Surely everyone just chooses a PIN they’ll never forget?

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I just memorise the one they give me

This. It's 4 digits, how hard is it to remember? Genuinely never written a PIN down or kept it safe somewhere.

Surely everyone just chooses a PIN they’ll never forget?

I have never changed my pin and have always just used the one assigned to that particular card. Have never had a problem like it before and I blame the fact there were people waiting on me for my total mind blank.

20 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Had a bizarre and terrifying conversation in the summer on a night out with a guy who had been in attempted car-jack/kidnapping in Africa as a youngster. His dad was in the oil industry. Poor lad was shaking as he described the gunfire and having to step over bodies and through pools of blood as the whole thing ended in grim fashion. We'd just gone out to watch a World Cup game too.