Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
11 hours ago, GordonD said:
Just got an e-mail advising that something I ordered on line has been shipped and should be with me in 1 - 2 business days. Then at the end it says:
Please note: 
*It may take 1 more day for the following postal areas: Aberdeen, Isle of Man, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Kirkwall, Lerwick, Outer Hebrides, Paisley, Perth."
An extra day to the Isle of Man, Kirkwall, Lerwick and the Outer Hebrides is understandable. Aberdeen and Inverness less so.
But Kilmarnock, Paisley and Perth???

It's the Kilmarnock, Perth and Paisley postal areas - KA contains Arran, PH contains Eigg, Rhum and Canna, and PA contains the likes of Tiree, Jura, Islay and Mull. I'm guessing they can't guarantee delivery of they are dependant on ferry crossings.

Fair point, hadn't thought of that. If they'd used the postcodes rather than the place names I might have realised.

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

This morning, a group of Americans and I were making small talk while waiting on a meeting to start. The topic of my accent came up, as it often does when meeting people for the first time. I was born in Scotland, grew up in England, spent time in Australia and have lived in the US for over 25 years, so admittedly, it's tricky to pin down. 

As tends to happen, one guy told me with pride that he was "Irish." I've heard this from many, many Americans over the years and while most just want to acknowledge our shared kinship, I had a strong feeling this was the type to give me a lecture me on British foreign policy. So,I got in a preemptive strike and asked him where in Ireland he was from and when he moved...because I couldn't detect an accent. Of course, he'd never set foot in Ireland and would probably struggle to find it on a map but having to admit this pissed him off a bit more than I really intended.

Anyway, the conversation moved on to safer ground and the next question I got from the group was another perennial favourite "So, who do you support - Celtic or Rangers?"  I launched into my boiler-plate explanation that other fitba teams are available while wondering if anyone in this group would come out with the "You support a team called Fücker?" line.  Out of the blue, up pops Paddy, determined to reestablish his Gaelic credentials.

"Now see...this is what annoys me! You don't even know how to pronounce it. It's not Seltic, it's KELTIC!"

It'll be a while before I'm back over so could one of you let the Weegies know they're doing it wrong? Thanks.

I hope you called him a Sunt.

Americans are really weird with identity. 

For a country that is massively over the top about 'patriotism', to the point of brainwashing (in effect) and massive displays of how much they love America, as well as a deep seated xenophobia, you often hear Americans claim to be Irish/Italian/German/Scottish/etc.

It's quite bizarre. 

Sorry to derail the thread, but while we’re sharing things with P&B, care to tell us why you’ve opted for the flag of apartheid South Africa as your avatar?

We all know why, so someone will ask him & he can come up with some implausible or unlikely excuse to try to justify it- he’s just attention seeking & is best ignored.

Sorry to derail the thread, but while we’re sharing things with P&B, care to tell us why you’ve opted for the flag of apartheid South Africa as your avatar?
Because his avatar of Gazza playing the flute never got him any of the bites he desperately craves, and because he is a toxic c**t of a man who thinks he is clever, as blades says, he will come up with some ludicrous double speak to justify his viewpoint.

IMO.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Because his avatar of Gazza playing the flute never got him any of the bites he desperately craves, and because he is a toxic c**t of a man who thinks he is clever, as blades says, he will come up with some ludicrous double speak to justify his viewpoint.

IMO.

I love fascist lawmen in leather.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Cos he's a steaming alky racist bigot.

Why do folk give Kincardine the time of day? Chuck him on ignore and don't give him even a single fraction of the attention he craves.

He's a jakey thieving trampy jakey c**t. He's a White Lightening soaked scaff who brushes his teeth with gin and gargles with Kestrel. An odious, reeking bin of a man with a toilet for a soul.

Why do folk give Kincardine the time of day? Chuck him on ignore and don't give him even a single fraction of the attention he craves.
He's a jakey thieving trampy jakey c**t. He's a White Lightening soaked scaff who brushes his teeth with gin and gargles with Kestrel. An odious, reeking bin of a man with a toilet for a soul.

Fucking hell DA, it might seem like I’m stalking you as I just quoted you in another thread, but the above post is immense & an early contender for post of the year! Chapeau my M90.

4 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

We all know why, so someone will ask him & he can come up with some implausible or unlikely excuse to try to justify it- he’s just attention seeking & is best ignored.

I mean, I knew when I asked that it’s 99.9% likely this was exactly his thought process and I’m therefore giving him the bite and attention he craves, but going for an overtly racist symbol in order to get bites makes his routine complaints about diddy patter being puerile more than a touch hypocritical, as well as the more important point that this is obviously going extremely far over the line into an area where Godwin’s Law doesn’t apply.

Mods, please.

16 hours ago, GordonD said:

Just got an e-mail advising that something I ordered on line has been shipped and should be with me in 1 - 2 business days. Then at the end it says:

Please note: 
*It may take 1 more day for the following postal areas: Aberdeen, Isle of Man, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Kirkwall, Lerwick, Outer Hebrides, Paisley, Perth."

An extra day to the Isle of Man, Kirkwall, Lerwick and the Outer Hebrides is understandable. Aberdeen and Inverness less so.

But Kilmarnock, Paisley and Perth???

It's having to climb over all those broken down zombie *** fucks.