Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think there is a lot of focus on it because it is increasing as are the fatalities.  Also this one happened mid day on a crowded train.

Yeah, the fact that it happened on an overcrowded train, and of course trains are always a major talking point here in England, probably guaranteed that this was always going to be a headlining story.

56 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

BBC News coverage....

Not just the BBC but all the news reporting this evening seems to be dominated by a stabbing on a train not far from London.

People are stabbed in London almost every day/night and when these incidents are reported it's usually the last item on the agenda.

Is this some kind of a black and white issue perchance?

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think there is a lot of focus on it because it is increasing as are the fatalities.  Also this one happened mid day on a crowded train.

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yeah, the fact that it happened on an overcrowded train, and of course trains are always a major talking point here in England, probably guaranteed that this was always going to be a headlining story.

Probably because of the fare increases. How can someone spend so much money, just to murder someone?

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Probably because of the fare increases. How can someone spend so much money, just to murder someone?

And had the train been running on time this whole story could have been done and dusted and put to bed by 1.30pm.

5 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I discovered that today is World Braille Day, I also discovered that this is not an excuse to read ladies printed t-shirts.

A young harlot called Gail,

Had a list of her services for sale,

And on her behind,

For the use of the blind,

Was the same thing tattooed in Braille. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

The railways should introduce a combined quiet/stabbing carriage, if you don't shut the f**k up you're fair game for a blade.

Used to be the Aberdeen to Glasgow train on a Friday night when folk came off the rigs.. 

Maybe better placed in the Travel Thread but (worst ever I’m off on holiday next week, git it right roon ye’s type post) how much would you wager for the cost of 5 days car hire from Malaga airport?

IMG_1546644871.652166.thumb.jpg.3c8a2f4960081f66bd8a8349d07be16b.jpg

Yup. 38p. Thirty eight pence. THIRTY EIGHT PENCE. For five days car hire.

I can’t post endless screenshots but, if the mood takes me to go mad and get an Astra, I’m about 4 pages in before the cost breaches a Pavarotti...

Daft thing is that I will probably (sorry, almost certainly) eschew that option, go get holiday pished and spend hunners on taxis instead. Logic?!?? Pah!!

First beer since 15:00 on Hogmanay today.

Had a few beers in the afternoon with some expats, then headed home (walked) 5km. Got back home and had a nice afternoon snooze, woke up around 18:00, and walk up to the local houseshop to buy some beers and ice for the party which had already started next door, to be confronted by my uncle Boom, that his wife had just died, she was 73. Turned back to the house told the wife and then proceeded to tell the party people (all my family) what had just happened.  The party died.

Within 2 hours I'm lifting a corpse into a coffin with monks all round splashing me with holy water.  Lots of Buddhist rituals, for the next 3 days and then burn her to the clouds.   

Wife is away to her work AGM and the 3 kids are at the grandparents house.

I'm off for more beer!

44 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

First beer since 15:00 on Hogmanay today.

Had a few beers in the afternoon with some expats, then headed home (walked) 5km. Got back home and had a nice afternoon snooze, woke up around 18:00, and walk up to the local houseshop to buy some beers and ice for the party which had already started next door, to be confronted by my uncle Boom, that his wife had just died, she was 73. Turned back to the house told the wife and then proceeded to tell the party people (all my family) what had just happened.  The party died.

Within 2 hours I'm lifting a corpse into a coffin with monks all round splashing me with holy water.  Lots of Buddhist rituals, for the next 3 days and then burn her to the clouds.   

Wife is away to her work AGM and the 3 kids are at the grandparents house.

I'm off for more beer!

RIP Auntie Boom.

10 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Maybe better placed in the Travel Thread but (worst ever I’m off on holiday next week, git it right roon ye’s type post) how much would you wager for the cost of 5 days car hire from Malaga airport?

IMG_1546644871.652166.thumb.jpg.3c8a2f4960081f66bd8a8349d07be16b.jpg

Yup. 38p. Thirty eight pence. THIRTY EIGHT PENCE. For five days car hire.

I can’t post endless screenshots but, if the mood takes me to go mad and get an Astra, I’m about 4 pages in before the cost breaches a Pavarotti...

Daft thing is that I will probably (sorry, almost certainly) eschew that option, go get holiday pished and spend hunners on taxis instead. Logic?!?? Pah!!

DoyouSpain do some ridiculous deals at offpeak times.

When I was there in November, we had a Grand Scenic for a fiver for 2 weeks. Same car in the summer was about £200

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

DoyouSpain do some ridiculous deals at offpeak times.

When I was there in November, we had a Grand Scenic for a fiver for 2 weeks. Same car in the summer was about £200

Are they hoping you scratch it so they can hit you for hundreds? Don't understand how it's worth their time just doing the paperwork far less the wear and tear.

Are they hoping you scratch it so they can hit you for hundreds? Don't understand how it's worth their time just doing the paperwork far less the wear and tear.

Think it’s predicated on the upselling of tyre insurance and the like. And, yes, and because I’ve been caught before, I’d be round it in detail marking off and agreeing the damage before it left the pound.