Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Experienced my first road rage incident today. Driving onto a roundabout in the totally normal way I always do, guy behind me started flashing his lights and beeping his horn. I hadn’t done anything wrong so assumed it was aimed at someone else, he then swung round onto the outside lane, stopped, wound down his window and started shouting at me. I couldn’t hear what he said because I had my windows up, I assume he wasn’t asking what sort of MPG I got on my commute.

I’ve thought about it and I didn’t do anything at all wrong, it was really bizarre. I go through the roundabout every day and know I was in my lane and didn’t jump the light. Really odd. It’s kind of crazy that there are people who drive about on the edge of an absolute meltdown like that.
Is it possible he just recognised you?

[emoji6]

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was going straight on.

When he was shouting at me I genuinely turned and looked behind me in case he was shouting at someone else, which I don’t think helped things. I also kind of shrugged when he was shouting, it was a really odd experience.

There is a chance he was trying to warn you about something, what I don't know. I hate it when people blast their horns on a roundabout, or anywhere. Always assume I've done something wrong, probably didn't but I just jam my foot on the throttle and escape, hoping there's no flattened children left behind.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was going straight on.

When he was shouting at me I genuinely turned and looked behind me in case he was shouting at someone else, which I don’t think helped things. I also kind of shrugged when he was shouting, it was a really odd experience.

You should have rammed his car and whilst he was in a state of shock dragged him out and gave him a kicking.  It’s the only way to deal with such people.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Experienced my first road rage incident today. Driving onto a roundabout in the totally normal way I always do, guy behind me started flashing his lights and beeping his horn. I hadn’t done anything wrong so assumed it was aimed at someone else, he then swung round onto the outside lane, stopped, wound down his window and started shouting at me. I couldn’t hear what he said because I had my windows up, I assume he wasn’t asking what sort of MPG I got on my commute.

I’ve thought about it and I didn’t do anything at all wrong, it was really bizarre. I go through the roundabout every day and know I was in my lane and didn’t jump the light. Really odd. It’s kind of crazy that there are people who drive about on the edge of an absolute meltdown like that.

I'm confused here. Were you waiting to enter the roundabout? If not, how come he was able to stop and shout abuse at you? Were you stationary as well?

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Some people are absolute stressed out maniacs on the road. Desperate for something to happen so they can lose it.

I remember one incident to this day.
I was slowing down as I approached this  junction to turn left. As soon as I put on my indicator the fud behind me drives up and over that piece of pavement and shouts at me for wanting to turn left from the right hand lane.
He wasn't going slowly and as his right tyre hit the big wedge of the kerb straight on the car bounced up in the air with a decent bang.
Yet after that he still thought I was the one that was the bad driver. 

image.thumb.png.827b3de0d7f662d4ac0bea3d540694bd.png

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Some people are absolute stressed out maniacs on the road. Desperate for something to happen so they can lose it.

I remember one incident to this day.
I was slowing down as I approached this  junction to turn left. As soon as I put on my indicator the fud behind me drives up and over that piece of pavement and shouts at me for wanting to turn left from the right hand lane.
He wasn't going slowly and as his right tyre hit the big wedge of the kerb straight on the car bounced up in the air with a decent bang.
Yet after that he still thought I was the one that was the bad driver. 

image.thumb.png.827b3de0d7f662d4ac0bea3d540694bd.png

He's lucky he didn't hit the parked car or the pedestrian.

Work contract was terminated today have until 31st Jan 2019 to find a new job.
Not ideal, but f**k it. New era to my life.
Management (all new) thought it was time for for change...and I was not part of it.
No regrets 8 years winging it.
Move on to maybe get my life back with the family as this job has taken over my life.

6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Work contract was terminated today have until 31st Jan 2019 to find a new job.
Not ideal, but f**k it. New era to my life.
Management (all new) thought it was time for for change...and I was not part of it.
No regrets 8 years winging it.
Move on to maybe get my life back with the family as this job has taken over my life.

That's not so good. All the best.

That's not so good. All the best.
Getting a new job not the problem I hope, sorting out visas is going to be a bummer.
May have to fly back to Scotland fix things with registration forms with wife & kids as I've never done it there...living here for 10 year.
Thanks Granps. You got a lodger space?

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Getting a new job not the problem I hope, sorting out visas is going to be a bummer.
May have to fly back to Scotland fix things with registration forms with wife & kids as I've never done it there...living here for 10 year.
Thanks Granps. You got a lodger space?

I'm sure we could always squeeze in one more...

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Thoughts and prayers go to the dogs and old people of Thailand

Dogs yes, why old people, I'm a tax payer

Woody, very strange I've not had any encounter with dogs since I was given the news.  THEY FUCKIN KNOW

Edited by SlipperyP