Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Me and the missus have decided to pack in our jobs, move back to Scotland and have arranged for both of our last days at work to be the 21st December. The plan was for her to drive up a hire van (I aint got a license) with all our gear on the Saturday.

Then, yesterday, when I had spent a coupla hours looking at all our options for cheapest way to do so she reminds me that she can only drive automatics. Turns out automatic transmission vans are rarer than St. Johnstone players in Scotland squads so the new plan is to hire a car, take up SOME of our stuff, then put the rest in storage and get that in January instead.

Hassle.  

Does she have only one leg?

22 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Even worse. She's from NZ so when she switched to a UK passport she gets an automatic only driving license and needs to resit her test to be able to drive manual transmissions legally.

There's a firm in Bucks that do an automatic van, not too far away. But it would mean having to drive it back down, think you'd be better off with a trailer.

http://www.bucksvehiclehire.co.uk/vans

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's a firm in Bucks that do an automatic van, not too far away. But it would mean having to drive it back down, think you'd be better off with a trailer.

http://www.bucksvehiclehire.co.uk/vans

Yeah. Needs to be a one way hire really. She doesn't seem keen on the idea of getting a trailer either.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yeah. Needs to be a one way hire really. She doesn't seem keen on the idea of getting a trailer either.

Removal firms will sometimes do a part load for a reasonable price if they've got a lorry heading up that isn't full. Worth phoning around.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Even worse. She's from NZ so when she switched to a UK passport she gets an automatic only driving license and needs to resit her test to be able to drive manual transmissions legally.

Interesting  that our authorities believe changing gears would be the one thing a Kiwi might not manage.