Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Sounds like a tough situation for that Michelin plant. Hopefully those employed their get a decent package.

Very challenging to maintain manufacturing like that at the moment though.
Read they got £4.5 million from the taxpayer last year. Guess it's just too uncompetitive compared to Eastern European production costs and Chinese makes as well. Even Nankang seem to be scoring better in tyre tests these days.

Hopefully some of the last handout can be reclaimed and used somehow in the area.

Just now, tamthebam said:

I wonder if the Septics care as much about the Scottish Parliament elections as the British media do about their midterms. 

Personally I don't give a stuff if John Q Fartbag III wins the Governorship of Tennessee or not. 

I think the media interest this time around has been ramped up by the fact that:

a) we have a fuckwit in the White House, and

b) it would be good if something could be done to stymie his agenda.

In our work today there were a number of workshops to discuss stress in the workplace and how to deal with it positively.

Seeing it as an ideal way to spend 30 minutes away from my desk, my boss and I signed up for it.

Started out really well, the woman taking the talk obviously knew her stuff, and some of the hints and suggestions she was providing on ways to alleviate stress seemed pretty decent.

The second part of the session had the group shutting their eyes, palms on our thighs, listening to her talk very gently, telling us to picture a happy place in our mind, blah blah blah.

About five minutes after starting this I could hear the guy across from me snoring, quite soft at first, but gradually getting louder. My tongue is sore from biting it, trying to stop myself from laughing.

In the end I couldn’t hold it in anymore, tears streaming down my face, and just burst into a fit of giggles. The poor guy was completely oblivious to having fell asleep.

Howling.