Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I'm doing fine! I'm tablet form with a weekly injection at the hospital so can't complain! I am only sick the day I get the injection.

Kids are great. Think Fraser will be home within the next 2 weeks so something to look forward to.

Great news about the kids, particularly the wee man :) getting him home will make a big difference. 

Good to hear you're doing alright too. How long are they putting you on the chemotherapy for? How long are your cycles? Mine was 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off......the nausea would hit at regular points throughout :( but found ways to help with it such as a hot water bottle on my liver as well as sticking with easily digested foods. 

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

wowser's

Please don't be impressed. I'm an apostrophe nazi. The Jesus' one: I knew the answer they sought but most people would surely say Jesus's. More commonly we encounter the James' or James's dilemma. IMHO both are acceptable but we would more usually use the latter.

2 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Please don't be impressed. I'm an apostrophe nazi. The Jesus' one: I knew the answer they sought but most people would surely say Jesus's. More commonly we encounter the James' or James's dilemma. IMHO both are acceptable but we would more usually use the latter.

where do you stand on oxford commas ?

interested to hear from another grammar nerd - i fucking despise them...

where do you stand on oxford commas ?
interested to hear from another grammar nerd - i fucking despise them...
The worst thing about Oxford commas is when people call them Oxford commas. The term was unheard of when I was a lad.
https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=Oxford+comma&year_start=1800&year_end=2020&corpus=15&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t1%3B%2COxford%20comma%3B%2Cc0