Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 hours ago, MSU said:

It blows my mind to think that the year I was born, 1973, was a mere 28 years after the end of WW2. When I was a kid it felt like it might as well have been 100 years ago.

Was thinking the same recently about a load of Beatles LPs we had at home as I kid. I'd play them over and over and study the album sleeves like they were some ancient artefacts but they were only from about 12-15 years earlier. I've got pants older than that now. 

11 hours ago, MSU said:

It blows my mind to think that the year I was born, 1973, was a mere 28 years after the end of WW2. When I was a kid it felt like it might as well have been 100 years ago.

I was born in 1955.  That means that most the adults who influenced my childhood (relatives, neighbours, teachers, etc.) had experienced the war.  Looking back it seemed mainly a very grey unhappy time but maybe that was the legacy of having lived through such a harrowing experience.

On 18/10/2018 at 11:28, Shandon Par said:

Mad cow disease is back in Aberdeenshire...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-45901043 

You could have a 500 strong herd of cattle in a field but it is relatively simple to spot any with mad cow disease...

Just look for the ones that are on fire....

4 minutes ago, supermik said:

You could have a 500 strong herd of cattle in a field but it is relatively simple to spot any with mad cow disease...

Just look for the ones that are on fire....

There's a whole generation of young posters who missed out on all the classic mad cow jokes. 

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The death of Queen Victoria is closer to my birth than the present.

Werner Heisenberg formulating his famous uncertainty principle, while employed as a lecturer at Niels Bohr's Institute for Theoretical Physics, at the University of Copenhagen is closer to my birth than the present.

Depressing.

News reports of a "Black panther" (the furry, rather than the militant kind, though who can say what beliefs the cat may hold?) terrorising Ayrshire. Videos of "3 ft tall" black cats are always just domestic moggies.

Scottish SPCA say "f**k looking for a big cat" and surprisingly a police helicopter search found no trace of the beast. 

I'm looking forward to the PM from DeeMan of the cat munching on a KA-based poster. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45914506

News reports of a "Black panther" (the furry, rather than the militant kind, though who can say what beliefs the cat may hold?) terrorising Ayrshire. Videos of "3 ft tall" black cats are always just domestic moggies.
Scottish SPCA say "f**k looking for a big cat" and surprisingly a police helicopter search found no trace of the beast. 
I'm looking forward to the PM from DeeMan of the cat munching on a KA-based poster. 

IMG_9761.jpg

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

THey were probably too busy eating beef burgers so the joke will (eventually) be on them.

explains hipsters and millennials - what with BSE and the MMR thing, we've fucked the lot of 'em - and they think it's just the Brexit vote that old folks are to blame for - meh

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Word around Ayrshire is that a Drongan mongrel took it in a square go.