Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Yesterday was day 100 if my counting is correct.
Serious question. Can I now class myself as a non-smoker?

My old physics teacher would often tell us that if asked he was a smoker he just hadn’t had a smoke in (at the time) 12 years. He devised once a smoker or drinker you always were but were no longer partaking. Utterly useless answer to your question I suppose but an alternative viewpoint. 12 full months without is the general accepted guideline for insurance and the likes I believe.

Probably the best solution here is to ask a medical profession how long it takes for your lungs to somehow eject all the poisonous shite you rammed into them, and otherwise repair the horrific self inflicted damage, then wait about that long.

13 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

Male lungs can recover and I see others have already replied about the medical definition. It's so addictive don't ever think you can just have one or sneak one after a few drinks etc as that can soon reel you back in. Well done anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Probably the best solution here is to ask a medical profession how long it takes for your lungs to somehow eject all the poisonous shite you rammed into them, and otherwise repair the horrific self inflicted damage, then wait about that long.

I doubt my lungs will ever fully recover. Forty years smoking is probably as high as 300,000 cigarettes smoked. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Male lungs can recover and I see others have already replied about the medical definition. It's so addictive don't ever think you can just have one or sneak one after a few drinks etc as that can soon reel you back in. Well done anyway. 

Thanks. I'll never have one again, I know that in myself.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

This has been obvious to all but some frankly weird cat lovers for a long while now.

Also the more cats that get run over the better. People who let cats leave the house are scum.

Look at these fucking roasters: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/08/croydon-cat-killer-hunt-three-years-man-myth

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Ive just witnessed what can only be described as a mobile aerobics class. A bunch of old folk walking up the street, wearing headphones and singing about “shaking their tail feathers”. 
AD1E3933-3026-4478-9B90-EC9B621E9C21.thumb.jpeg.d3e49fd0602d0610b715862636648eab.jpeg
Fucking disgusting.
thats hilarious mate. the things you see when you dont have a gun!

Hospital today: Blood test came back showing my liver function continuing to normalise as well as tumour markers being negative. My Doctor told me my next chemotherapy cycle will be the last. I was originally told I could be on it for 2 years but they decided to end it after 1 year. Mixed feelings about this tbh.

Edited by sjc

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Boiler Man

West Bromwich Albion's new "Boiler Man" mascot was unveiled last month after signing a deal with a boiler firm

39 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

At least it will be easy to find the flue.

Surprised Magee hasn't tried this avenue to get into Parkhead......He's "Gas Safe Registered", so anythings possible.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Hospital today: Blood test came back showing my liver function continuing to normalise and my Doctor told me my next chemotherapy cycle will be the last. I was originally told I could be on it for 2 years but they decided to end it after 1 year. Mixed feelings about this tbh.

You’re getting there, slowly but surely, nice one bud 

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

You’re getting there, slowly but surely, nice one bud 

Yeh. Definitely. You start to feel safe taking the medication then when you stop (or are told you will be stopping) you get a bit anxious about whether you've had enough or not....... even though it makes you sick!

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

How come?  Good news surely?

It is, at first being told  you need  chemotherapy is a nightmare but then psychologically you start feel safe within taking it and worry about coming off it because you've not had enough. Weird. 

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Yeh. Definitely. You start to feel safe taking the medication then when you stop (or are told you will be stopping) you get a bit anxious about whether you've had enough or not....... even though it makes you sick!

I can understand that, just got to trust them