Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 9/2/2018 at 00:57, Zen Archer said:

I see where you're coming from.

I actually tried to reply to somone before the Maurines got fucked but the site imploded just prior to this.

My guess is that @Div has an implosion App and fucks off to the pub on a whim.

The site seems to trip most Saturdays. It's unsurprisingly our busiest time of the week, and so believe me, it's not a time when I want the site to go down.

I don't get notified that it's tripped as nothing actually stops. The server remains up, all services remain up, but the web service seems to just lock up.

I was absolutely hammered in Edinburgh on Saturday after the game. I wouldn't have been capable of fucking about with web servers either to break them or fix them!

So, I've put a job in place, to run on a Saturday only, from 1700 to 2300 which will automatically restart the web service on the hour.

Let's see if that fixes or at least eases the issues going forward. You'll barely notice the restart, it takes about 2 seconds to complete.

The site seems to trip most Saturdays. It's unsurprisingly our busiest time of the week, and so believe me, it's not a time when I want the site to go down.
I don't get notified that it's tripped as nothing actually stops. The server remains up, all services remain up, but the web service seems to just lock up.
I was absolutely hammered in Edinburgh on Saturday after the game. I wouldn't have been capable of fucking about with web servers either to break them or fix them!
So, I've put a job in place, to run on a Saturday only, from 1700 to 2300 which will automatically restart the web service on the hour.
Let's see if that fixes or at least eases the issues going forward. You'll barely notice the restart, it takes about 2 seconds to complete.
Didn't that used to happen anyway? I was always booted out on the app at the top of the hour, but after a minute if I refreshed the content was back.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
10 hours ago, Div said:

Didn't that used to happen anyway? I was always booted out on the app at the top of the hour, but after a minute if I refreshed the content was back.

Yeah we used to do that but dropped it a long time ago, everything has been fine and dandy every day of the week except Saturday, fuelling the conspiracy theorists!

St.Mirren's next game is on a Friday though so we should be fine regardless :P

8 hours ago, Div said:

Yeah we used to do that but dropped it a long time ago, everything has been fine and dandy every day of the week except Saturday, fuelling the conspiracy theorists!

St.Mirren's next defeat is on a Friday though so we should be fine regardless :P

FTFY

13 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Greenock Morton appoint Jonatan Johansson. Just me that finds that very strange?

Nothing strange at all. Jim has done some regression therapy, discovered he was a Finnish god in a previous life, still has his JJ jumpers and is raring to start shouting at some young footballers again.

jim-jefferies-image-1-928036286.jpg

Local based, highly regarded coach who has worked for the club before? Seems more sensible than strange.

Any evidence he’s a decent manager? It’s a benefit he worked for the club before and lives close but I’d be wanting a good manager personally - not saying he won’t be, just a strange appointment to an outsider.
Nothing strange at all. Jim has done some regression therapy, discovered he was a Finnish god in a previous life, still has his JJ jumpers and is raring to start shouting at some young footballers again.
jim-jefferies-image-1-928036286.jpg&key=7077fc9b3f55471a30c086bac176e4155d9445c1fdd8e8bda0a7d53f8aad0000

Now were fucking talking! Get BB alongside him and I’m moving to Greenock!