Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I am well on the road to recovery but I am still fatigued much of the time. Had a nasal feeding tube in but had that removed last Wednesday, still on 3 supplement drinks each day as I am mainly eating soft foods due to the damage done to my throat, things are improving though and I can now eat a more varied diet; my taste is slowly improving too as this had gone completely.
Treatment was horrible and I very nearly didn't make it to the end of the 30 radiotherapy sessions, had to take a break as I had been admitted to the Beatson after the 2nd chemo (4 weeks in) because I was so ill. After a couple of days though I was able to go down to the treatment room to finish the radiotherapy.
I have to mention that the Beatson and it's staff were absolutely phenomenal. I was admitted twice and they worked hard to get me back on my feet and encouraged me to keep going with the treatment.

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

On 28/07/2018 at 12:21, Romeo said:

Hello everybody.

You'll all be pleased to know I am not dead and will be returning with my usual witty posts and fantastic insights into the Scottish game,

:thumsup2

I didnt even know youd been missing. All the best.

12 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

It's been a while since throbber bragged about how much he drinks. What a top lad.

He had a quiet weekend thankfully...

7 hours ago, Romeo said:

I am well on the road to recovery but I am still fatigued much of the time. Had a nasal feeding tube in but had that removed last Wednesday, still on 3 supplement drinks each day as I am mainly eating soft foods due to the damage done to my throat, things are improving though and I can now eat a more varied diet; my taste is slowly improving too as this had gone completely.

Treatment was horrible and I very nearly didn't make it to the end of the 30 radiotherapy sessions, had to take a break as I had been admitted to the Beatson after the 2nd chemo (4 weeks in) because I was so ill. After a couple of days though I was able to go down to the treatment room to finish the radiotherapy.

I have to mention that the Beatson and it's staff were absolutely phenomenal. I was admitted twice and they worked hard to get me back on my feet and encouraged me to keep going with the treatment.

Good man. The fatigue will pass as long as you keep pushing yourself to do a little bit each day. (going for a walk is good) Make sure you do even when the bad days hit......don't be too downhearted about what you can't do and focus on what you can do. One step at a time. The stronger you get the less the effects of fatigue affect you.

Sorry to hear your treatment was tough but thankfully you completed it. That's a big positive.

Gambatte!

Edited by sjc

Being able to give such a detailed account of how much beer he drank and when he drank it suggests that either the man is lying or wasn’t drunk enough.

Not really, I know how much booze I bought therefor it’s easy to know how much of it I drank. I’m not bragging about how much I drank, I’m just stating facts here.

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I drank 28 cans of Budweiser 

Can't decide which experience would be worse.

When at work in Glasgow I park my car in the basement under the Thistle (now Doubletree) Hotel on Cambridge St.

The European Athletics (or something) are on in Glasgow for the next two weeks.

Today alone, I have bumped into the Irish, GB and Italian women’s cycling teams.

Yowsers. Is all. [emoji7]

And no, no pics.

Yet...

22 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

When at work in Glasgow I park my car in the basement under the Thistle (now Doubletree) Hotel on Cambridge St.

The European Athletics (or something) are on in Glasgow for the next two weeks.

Today alone, I have bumped into the Irish, GB and Italian women’s cycling teams.

Yowsers. Is all. emoji7.png

And no, no pics.

Yet...

With your car?

Was anyone hurt?

14 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:
On 7/29/2018 at 23:46, Adam said:

What age are you? You will never, ever, begin to understand women, it’s completely pointless even beginning to try. They’re fucking mental.

I'm 22 fwiw