Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

By doing that I’ve been able to save even more than my target. The past two months I’ve saved an extra £200, by transferring out what I have left in my current account to my savings account at the end of each month.

I think the above quote from the article reveals the real problem - she's not very bright.  If she thinks moving her money from account A to account B constitutes saving more then she needs to take a look at herself.

If she saves a set amount each month when paid, then started putting anything thats left away at the end away aswell then I guess it does constitute saving more? FWIW, thats kinda what I do although I haven't been great recently for it. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If she saves a set amount each month when paid, then started putting anything thats left away at the end away aswell then I guess it does constitute saving more? FWIW, thats kinda what I do although I haven't been great recently for it. 

Yep, I guessed that's what she meant but simply moving the same pot from one account to another doesn't make the pot bigger.  I suppose if she's one of those people who spend what's left at the end of the month then it makes sense to move from the current account to the savings account.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What for?

I hadn't had any work for weeks. I was asking other people for work (including my manager who hates me) but nothing. 

I was told the other week I was being moved to the guy who hates me's team...

Yesterday I was told 'It's not working out'. 

Bizarre but I didn't feel comfortable there anyway. 

I hadn't had any work for weeks. I was asking other people for work (including my manager who hates me) but nothing. 
Hopefully works out better in the long run. Sounds like it was shite anyway.

I am at a fairly big crossroads in my working life the now, except I like my job but likely am going to have to go and get something else due to one shafting too far from employer.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hopefully works out better in the long run. Sounds like it was shite anyway.

I am at a fairly big crossroads in my working life the now, except I like my job but likely am going to have to go and get something else due to one shafting too far from employer.

Cheers mate. It sure was.

I never fitted in there. 

Good luck!

I would love if my company would pay me to not be there anymore.

In all seriousness I don't see a way out of my situation. Absolutely no-one understands that I don't want to apply for shite jobs that hundreds of other people will apply for as well. I have no ideas whatsoever on what I could do that I would like. People who think this is how life should be are c***s and I hate them.

Guys: if you don't like your job, think of it as the provider of funds to facilitate the things you do enjoy. No-one ever said work was to be enjoyed.

I'm so knackered at the end of a shift that I don't want to do anything.

9 hours ago, Girth said:

Sorry to hear that.
You seem a good c**t.

Just spent 15 mins chasing big moths onto a little spider's web like a mandingo fight organiser. That little guy has some moves and seems to have developed a hunting photo pose over whatever said moth is now. 

#damnnature 

Just spent 15 mins chasing big moths onto a little spider's web like a mandingo fight organiser. That little guy has some moves and seems to have developed a hunting photo pose over whatever said moth is now. 

#damnnature 
Is this some sort of code for a drug deal?

As we're moaning about work at the moment, I just discovered that I'm getting laid off in November, along with some other folk. We found out when a manager a few rungs above our boss phoned to let us know that the landlord was going to come by and put 'To Let' signs up on our building. Still haven't had it confirmed that we're getting punted, but there aren't any openings elsewhere, and I couldn't do the travel anyway, so that's that. Shame, as it's the first job I've actually enjoyed doing, and the folk I work with are a good bunch.

Best part is that we've been smashing every financial target put our way for more than a year, and the landlord claims that he even offered to cut the rent to keep us in the building, but the rumour is that management consider Alloa to be a bit downmarket and would rather operate out of more well-to-do areas  :rolleyes: