Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just now, pandarilla said:

Me, granny d, and hopefully a few others are judging you right now, and your character is found wanting.

Other than that, carry on.

I'm not sure I'll recover from this tbh.  Is a broken spirit and shattered soul covered in my BUPA plan or will I have to wait for NSH treatment?

Just now, ICTChris said:

I'm not sure I'll recover from this tbh.  Is a broken spirit and shattered soul covered in my BUPA plan or will I have to wait for NSH treatment?

Should be, but your dyslexia will count as a pre-existing condition and won't be covered.

I think I am going to discover just what is and isn’t covered in the BUPA policy in the coming weeks. So far broken spirit and shattered soul is solely on me

Just now, NJ2 said:

I think I am going to discover just what is and isn’t covered in the BUPA policy in the coming weeks. So far broken spirit and shattered soul is solely on me

These parasites, they have every angle covered.

Think of the waiting lists there'd be in parts of Lanarkshire. They'd need to build another new PFI hospital just to cope.

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You don’t have a soul.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I hate private medicine; absolutely hate it.  I don’t need to go into the reasons as they’re probably the same reasons that are making you feel guilty.

I’d like to think I’d never go down that route but can’t swear to it.  Probably be even more difficult I feel it was my wife, kids or grandkids who needed treatment.

The fact that you’re feeling guilty shows you have character.

I had private healthcare when I worked for an American company. Got me into priory and proper mental health treatment.

without it I’d have committed suicide.

i now still pay to see a therapist in private sector.

the NHS is wonderful however it utterly sucks at treating BPD and other mental health issues due to lack of funding.

1 minute ago, Rowan said:

I had private healthcare when I worked for an American company. Got me into priory and proper mental health treatment.

without it I’d have committed suicide.

i now still pay to see a therapist in private sector.

the NHS is wonderful however it utterly sucks at treating BPD and other mental health issues due to lack of funding.

That, of course, is the nub.  They more we are pushed collectively towards private health care the easier it is to cut funding of the NHS without the same backlash.

We have just celebrated 70 years of the NHS but the cuts in funding in real terms have been greater in recent years than ever before.  That’s without taking into account the extra that needs to be spent due to changing demographics.

Private healthcare, including the existing outsourcing, means less for actual care and more for profits.  I certainly don’t want to reach a US situation; arguably the best healthcare in the world but wholly dependent upon personal wealth and circumstances.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That, of course, is the nub.  They more we are pushed collectively towards private health care the easier it is to cut funding of the NHS without the same backlash.

We have just celebrated 70 years of the NHS but the cuts in funding in real terms have been greater in recent years than ever before.  That’s without taking into account the extra that needs to be spent due to changing demographics.

Private healthcare, including the existing outsourcing, means less for actual care and more for profits.  I certainly don’t want to reach a US situation; arguably the best healthcare in the world but wholly dependent upon personal wealth and circumstances.

Friends from the states were over recently and before her husband signed up for the reserves they were $1000 in healthcare premiums (2 adults 4 kids).

The care I had with all my pregnancies and more recently when I had sepsis and pneumonia was excellent. I also have amazing GPs who, when I’m in bad spells give me the time I need. 

But it has limitations and huge demands on psychology services.  By paying I have someone when I’m in crisis I can call and within 2minutes will know what’s happened and impact.

Rather than having full psychiatric assesment trying give 20 yrs history whilst in crisis. Made worse by stranger asking questions! 

Edited by Rowan

As ridiculous as that article is it highlights how shite it must be trying to afford somewhere in London. I found buying somewhere in Edinburgh frustrating but London is on a completely different level. Still have no sympathy with her though.

People shouldnt be apologetic in any way for earning good money. Market forces dictate salary. She is obviously worth her money. That is obviously just what companies have to pay for the relevant skills.

I don't think the problem is that her salary is high but that the article is framed in a way that makes giving up a £150 a month gym membership as a hardship.

I don't think the problem is that her salary is high but that the article is framed in a way that makes giving up a £150 a month gym membership as a hardship.
Its an entirely pointless article, theres no real story to be had from saving money on a good salary so I dont understand what the point of it is tbh.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

By doing that I’ve been able to save even more than my target. The past two months I’ve saved an extra £200, by transferring out what I have left in my current account to my savings account at the end of each month.

I think the above quote from the article reveals the real problem - she's not very bright.  If she thinks moving her money from account A to account B constitutes saving more then she needs to take a look at herself.