Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I've had a couple of emails read out by them. Enjoy the show but I like it even better when Robbie Collin fills in. 

"Shandon Par, C In Higher English."

Collin was on last week. I love Kermode's rants (Entourage and Sex and The City 2 being highlights), although sometimes I think he can be a bit snobby about some films.

Just now, ICTChris said:

It's a great show but eating fucking cheeseburgers in the cinema is tinky.  They smell as well.

These had very little aroma, especially since they were plain and had cooled down a bit. It wasn't something I'd usually do, but it doubled up as my dinner.

17 hours ago, Rugster said:

Sounds like it mate. We're in a 3 bed house and lazy arse is still off on maternity so stuff on all day everyday and we're about £90 a month. Get it checked out. 

I've got one of those wee smart meter things that sends the reading to BG every day apparently.  I don't understand how they can under-estimate my bill based on this tbh.  Hardly ever need the heating on in my flat as it's always pretty warm in general, yet they're still taking £40 a month off me in Gas alone!

17 hours ago, throbber said:

Adam and DA - do you not have a float system where you pay a fixed rate each month based on an estimate of your consumption and then it goes up or down accordingly depending on your meter readings? We paid 80
A month for a while which was far too much and then paid as little as 20 for a year then got a notification we were in the negative again so paid a little more. Don't think they just crank it up willy nilly.

I don't know how it works mate, as I said, the smart meter is supposed to send readings every day.  Some shyster next door is probably tapping into my leccy, much like the Gas episode of Bottom.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Collin was on last week. I love Kermode's rants (Entourage and Sex and The City 2 being highlights), although sometimes I think he can be a bit snobby about some films.

Moshi Monsters was a good rant too. Robbie's rants are great. He is so mean and cutting but doesn't change his tone. "Fantastic Four. Or as I call it, Four". 

A.

Edited by Shandon Par

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Haha I sort of remember that episode I'm pretty sure it was in the first series - what was it that happened in the end?

The big bloke not batter them in the end?  Or was that Skull Crusher Henderson and the snider notes?

The big bloke not batter them in the end?  Or was that Skull Crusher Henderson and the snider notes?

I can't quite remember, I think I'll watch it on Netflix tonight! It is very funny but absolutely absurd.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Moshi Monsters was a good rant too. Robbie's rants are great. He is so mean and cutting but doesn't change his tone. "Fantastic Four. Or as I call it, Four". 

A.

A? Well played. It was me that got a C. Fantastic Four was pretty dull and nothing much happened.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

These had very little aroma, especially since they were plain and had cooled down a bit. It wasn't something I'd usually do, but it doubled up as my dinner.

A dinner of two cold cheeseburgers, smuggled into a cinema.

You know how to live, DA.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He can be but also understands genre. He can appreciate a good (well... half decent) horror or action film, for instance, within the genre it's trying to be a part of.

An older guy who used to push the mail trolley at my old work was in the cinema one day, I can't remember what film it was but he was sitting with his wife unravelling sandwiches from clingfilm. I walked past and he didn't see me so I whispered in his ear " excuse me Sir, outside food is forbidden". His poor face dropped until he saw it was me then looked furious. 

I never did get much mail after that. 

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't like the outfit my wife made me just as much as my beanie hat.

IMG_20170303_143953.jpg

Am I seeing this right? Is this some icloud hack? P&B's The fappening. Prominent posters' intimate moments laid bare. I was swithering over putting massive "Star Wars fans" on the OFTW thread too.