Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When my wife muses about the pain of childbirth, she completely fails to realise just the lengths I would be willing to go to for a year off work.

Tbf to her it's fucking painful. I was about proposing to the lovely young gentleman that gave me the epidural. Still I'd do it all again for another year off! 

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Tbf to her it's fucking painful.

TBF I'd take a kick in the bollocks if it got me a year off work, pains about the same I reckon.

Cloudy Bay is from Marlborough. Good stuff.

Was one of my vineyard stops and was one of the poshest of the lot. The French chap behind the bar was really knowledgeable during the tasting sesh. i tried a discontinued riesling from 2008 and it was delightful. Never had riesling before but can see the appeal.

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Because my work give out holiday entitlement on hourly basis I have to go into work at 2pm today and work until 3.15, that's after working 10pm-6am last night <_<

Methil docks, don't get much sailors now a days. Look elsewhere.  

41 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Because my work give out holiday entitlement on hourly basis I have to go into work at 2pm today and work until 3.15, that's after working 10pm-6am last night <_<

Seriously?! What do you do for a living?

52 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You are legally entitled to 11 hours between shifts, so they can't force you to start at 2pm if you only finished at 6am.

1 minute ago, eddiemunster said:

You are legally entitled to 11 hours between shifts, so they can't force you to start at 2pm if you only finished at 6am.

Haven't heard this before, is it in employment law? I know Network Rail are supposed to enforce a 12hour break between shifts.

7 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Depends on the job. A lot of companies have started writing terms into the contract that waive your right to that aswell.

You can sign a document to waive that right (European working time directive?) I'm fairly sure. My last job was shift work and I did that deliberately as I preferred doing an early morning after a back-shift as it meant I would get two shifts done in less than 24 hours.