Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Did my first match reporting for Bet 365 tonight. Airdrie u20's vs Clyde u20's. f**k me it was cold and a boring 0-0 draw. 

I frequently go to the QoS U20's and there is a guy who sits right up the back who is constantly on his phone. I just thought he was there watching his brother to begin with but I'm assuming he works for Bet365. I've never seen him actually on the phone though (talking) and I just assumed he had the power on his phone to suspend betting when something major happened e.g. Penalty.

I'm guessing that's not the case?

21 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

Did my first match reporting for Bet 365 tonight. Airdrie u20's vs Clyde u20's. f**k me it was cold and a boring 0-0 draw. 

How did you find the guy on the other end? If somebody scored or got subbed would you have to give the names?

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I frequently go to the QoS U20's and there is a guy who sits right up the back who is constantly on his phone. I just thought he was there watching his brother to begin with but I'm assuming he works for Bet365. I've never seen him actually on the phone though (talking) and I just assumed he had the power on his phone to suspend betting when something major happened e.g. Penalty.

I'm guessing that's not the case?

You're on the phone the whole match to the Match Operator, giving commands on what's happening. The MO (sitting at a computer updating the console as you go) then suspends the market etc if there's a goal, penalty or "status unsure" (if there's a bad tackle that could lead to a red card or whatever).

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How did you find the guy on the other end? If somebody scored or got subbed would you have to give the names?

I think for higher level games you would have to give player names but I didn't tonight. I had quite a time trying to explain to him that Clyde were still warming up a couple of minutes before kick off as the other pitch was double booked and they didn't get on until 15 mins before the game started. 

9 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I saw one with his window blacked out with Paul Walkers face in white on it. On the bumper it said "gas, ass or grass for a ride"

It was driven by a plukey wee VL.

ETA: correction

Was Lee Wallace in the passenger seat?