Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37062354

Cannes burkini ban

"This is just an Islamophobic attack on Muslim women in Cannes," Aysha Ziauddin, who lives in Norfolk, told the BBC.

"The burkini allows me the freedom to swim and go on the beach, and I don't feel I am compromising my beliefs for that. 

"No-one has ever told me to wear it - it's my own choice.

I suppose one of the outcomes of being brought up in an oppressive religion is not recognising when you're oppressed.

When I first red The God Delusion, the year it came out, I was studying advanced higher RMPS at school and it was reading that that finally converted me from being an agnostic leaning towards atheism to a full-blown atheist. I remember reading it as if it were a revelation and it completely blew the wishy washy Paul Davies out of the water for me.

I happened to see it when sorting through boxes of books last week and I picked it up and have started re-reading it. I'm surprising myself to learn that I am disagreeing with a lot of it. I find his arguments are quite weak and some of his views to be borderline bigoted. I'm still an atheist but it seems strange to me that it was this what converted me.

12 hours ago, jmothecat said:

When I first red The God Delusion, the year it came out, I was studying advanced higher RMPS at school and it was reading that that finally converted me from being an agnostic leaning towards atheism to a full-blown atheist. I remember reading it as if it were a revelation and it completely blew the wishy washy Paul Davies out of the water for me.

I happened to see it when sorting through boxes of books last week and I picked it up and have started re-reading it. I'm surprising myself to learn that I am disagreeing with a lot of it. I find his arguments are quite weak and some of his views to be borderline bigoted. I'm still an atheist but it seems strange to me that it was this what converted me.

Going to a church school converted me to Atheism but I was also thankful they taught me to read & write. 

Gr-Bo(re)