Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My job is relatively senior (ish) so a degree of working over the line is expected.

I one had a manager who probably worked 18 hour days, was always available via phone at any time and only took two weeks of holiday a year. She put the hours in but was rewarded for it. When we got out bonuses she bought a Porsche with hers.

She was a little extreme though.

I'd rather have a clapped out Fiesta and work 7 hours a day.

There's no rights and wrongs in this issue, it's a matter of choice.

When I started my own business I put in a huge amount of hours but am now reaping the rewards, though I still have to put in some unsocial hours. Just as importantly, unless there's a financial collapse which eclipses all past ones, when I retire I'll be able to have a very good quality of retirement.

Nonetheless if people want to live for the now and value time to themselves over material possessions I can understand that.

There's no rights and wrongs in this issue, it's a matter of choice.

When I started my own business I put in a huge amount of hours but am now reaping the rewards, though I still have to put in some unsocial hours. Just as importantly, unless there's a financial collapse which eclipses all past ones, when I retire I'll be able to have a very good quality of retirement.

Nonetheless if people want to live for the now and value time to themselves over material possessions I can understand that.

There's a third group, known as #winners, who don't believe the two concepts are mutually exclusive

Of course, members of this group have the #skillz that are in such demand that they can work 9-5, take home a well above average pay, put plenty of money away whilst enjoying a vibrant social life, and step away from the grind on their 55th birthday.

There's a third group, known as #winners, who don't believe the two concepts are mutually exclusive

Of course, members of this group have the #skillz that are in such demand that they can work 9-5, take home a well above average pay, put plenty of money away whilst enjoying a vibrant social life, and step away from the grind on their 55th birthday.

It's a nice try, but I think Div's full up on graduates looking for work experience.

Might want to put Burd A & B down as references for your arse-sooking #skillz, though ;)

'Dan's 80lb Testicle' is on TLC HD in an hour for those who may be interested.

Alas, I'm not going to make it. Shagged out from typing shite on here all day.

Let us know if he looks anything like this lad, though.

mScD2SP.jpg

Give me a job GD

Dear throbber,

Thank you for your recent application. The standard of candidate was extremely high and on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. The deciding factor was the practical test in which the two other candidates were more successful than you in moving the couch.

Please do not make any further contact.

Thank you for your interest.

SW pp GD

Don't think Granny Danger has told everyone he's got his own business enough in the past month.

I find he likes to mind his own business for the most part.

Ah...fair enough.

"Hairy Panic" :lol:

"Yellow Big Head" :lol:

You have to love the Aussies' ability to bluntly call a spade a spade. Unless they're talking about aborigines; that's not cool at all :o

I almost fall into that group, entirely through luck. The working hours vary though. I'm contracted to average 45 a week but generally from April until October it's 55-60 a week, and the rest of the year around 40, so a wee but over.

Also, If I move back to Scotland and I am still childless, I hope to retire at 50.

Dear throbber,

Thank you for your recent application. The standard of candidate was extremely high and on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. The deciding factor was the practical test in which the two other candidates were more successful than you in moving the couch.

Please do not make any further contact.

Thank you for your interest.

SW pp GD

You answered that far better and with far better judgement than I could have Sarge.

PS if you're really looking for a job throbber I hope you get one soon.