Coffee Geek?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dads friend owned/owns a Sigri plantation in Papua New Guinea. Awesome coffee. He briefly opened a coffee shop in Ayr where he did the actualy roasting in the shop. I still get stuff sent across sometimes but it's really nice coffee. Some of the best around.

My dads friend owned/owns a Sigri plantation in Papua New Guinea. Awesome coffee. He briefly opened a coffee shop in Ayr where he did the actualy roasting in the shop. I still get stuff sent across sometimes but it's really nice coffee. Some of the best around.

Beats my Dulce Gusto story. :angry:

Beats my Dulce Gusto story. :angry:

It pisses all over it doesn't it?

<_<

Seriously though. That coffee is worth getting a hold of if you possibly can. Always buy the full bean and then grind it yourself though. That goes for any sort of coffee. Always buy the full bean.

They also grow some really nice teas out there. I prefer tea to coffee these days anyway. I used to drink shitloads of coffee but not so much now.

<_<

Seriously though. That coffee is worth getting a hold of if you possibly can. Always buy the full bean and then grind it yourself though. That goes for any sort of coffee. Always buy the full bean.

They also grow some really nice teas out there. I prefer tea to coffee these days anyway. I used to drink shitloads of coffee but not so much now.

Does your dad's mate also own a tea plantation down Sri Lanka way :P

Have Kenco and PG Tips like the rest of us, you heathen :D

<_<

Likewise...Tea is by far a much more refreshing drink

Guest Kincardine

You're right. I had an automatic Gaggia machine that would grind the beans then make espresso. Sadly, after about 17,000 cups, it broke down and I can't afford to replace it.

Still, a Bialetti-style Moka pot makes pretty decent coffee and costs less than £20.

Does your dad's mate also own a tea plantation down Sri Lanka way :P

Have Kenco and PG Tips like the rest of us, you heathen :D

I only drink green tea these days. :P

Or stuff my friend sends across from Korea.

But I'll drink builders tea with the plebs if I really have no option :lol:

Love both tea and coffee, problem is I drink cups of the stuff daily and having 8 or 9 cups of coffee while at work is really not a good idea. This makes it more difficult to settle down with a really good blend of coffee and appreciate it to it's full extent.

In general though, something dark, rich and chocolatey with a slightly dry palate is gorgeous after a good meal.

Love both tea and coffee, problem is I drink cups of the stuff daily and having 8 or 9 cups of coffee while at work is really not a good idea. This makes it more difficult to settle down with a really good blend of coffee and appreciate it to it's full extent.

In general though, something dark, rich and chocolatey with a slightly dry palate is gorgeous after a good meal.

The Italians have that to a fine art.

My bro-in-law is the ultimate coffee geek. He has the proper machine, the one you see in coffee shops, he roasts his own beans, he's been on a barista course, he wouldn't drink a cup of instant coffee if he was dying of thirst.

He does make a damn fine cup of coffee though.

My bro-in-law is the ultimate coffee geek. He has the proper machine, the one you see in coffee shops, he roasts his own beans, he's been on a barista course, he wouldn't drink a cup of instant coffee if he was dying of thirst.

He does make a damn fine cup of coffee though.

Those things cost thousands! He's mental! :lol:

Oh aye. I can't remember the last time we drank instant coffee in our house. Coffee isn't something I drink a lot of anymore (went right off it when I was pregnant), but we've been known to experiment with all the ground stuff in Tesco. Their own brand stuff isn't actually all that bad, particularly the Columbian one.

The Columbian ground is really nice from tesco.

Got a Tassimo machine as a wedding present a couple of years ago, its ace don't know what I done coffee wise before I got it!

Also my wife got some fancy coffee as a secret santa present so I've been drinking 'Jacc's' toasted pecan nut flavour all week MMmmmmm!

We have one of those as well,I love the choachino(SP?) one.

The first time I tasted real coffee, as opposed to instant, was back in the early '70's when my aunt had a percolator. It was a real old fashioned thing and was shaped like the kind of coffee pots you see in cowboy pictures. It had a little glass dome on the lid where the coffee bounced off as it percolated. She used to add pepper and egg shells to the coffee in the basket, no idea what that did for it but it tasted brilliant. She told me her borther, her family were of Italian extraction, used to add an egg white to the coffee before percolating it. Never tried that.

Archived