Kevin Mckinlay

There was rumour afoot that McKinley had trialled with us pre-season was there not?

Everyone in their right mind would have him at Clyde of course. Talented lefties are few and far between and particularly in the second division.

He's more than enough about him to play full-time football but, like Willie McLachlan, it seems the players hand has been forced by the present financial climate.

No offence but he is far too good for you's unless he has all of a sudden become terrible since playing in Ireland. Wasn't the best at Ross County but I think Division 1 is his level so it would be a great signing for you lot if true.

hope AM is looking at him aswell then we desperately need a decent left sided player preferably a solid left back

He played up front for us at County for a few games at the beginning of one season. Paired with pacy wee forward Craig Gunn he did quite well.

I think of him as a left sided winger /attacking midfielder though he increasingly played at Left Back. Looked out of place there at first but has played full back and wing back a fair bit with Thistle.

Should still be good enough for First Division as Staggy4life says.

There was a game against Airdrie last season where McKinlay came on as a sub that just about summed him up. He got the ball, beat about 3 guys and with a 3 on 1 elected to shoot from the edge of the box, miles wide.

2 minutes later, bursts his way through a couple of challenges , 1-on-1 with the keeper, dummies him and then shanks it way over the bar.

He also got booked for dissent when he thought he should have had a corner, all in the space of about 5 minutes.

He’s all left foot and no brain, reasonable in the air but not an out and out striker or a winger, more of a left midfielder. I would expect him to end up at Morton rather than Clyde if Morton didn’t already have McAllister.

There was a game against Airdrie last season where McKinlay came on as a sub that just about summed him up. He got the ball, beat about 3 guys and with a 3 on 1 elected to shoot from the edge of the box, miles wide.

2 minutes later, bursts his way through a couple of challenges , 1-on-1 with the keeper, dummies him and then shanks it way over the bar.

He also got booked for dissent when he thought he should have had a corner, all in the space of about 5 minutes.

He’s all left foot and no brain, reasonable in the air but not an out and out striker or a winger, more of a left midfielder. I would expect him to end up at Morton rather than Clyde if Morton didn’t already have McAllister.

Sounds like he'll fit in well with our current crap sorry crop then ! :lol:

Beggars shouldnt be choosers though fitba players should always be able to kick with both feet dont you think?! Does my box in when there clear from their marker & have to spend seconds which feels like minutes adjusting their feet for the move to break down

• 5 years later...

Archived