The Official "lets All Admit Hibs Are Brilliant" Thread.

Hibs celebrating this is cringeworthy really

WTF do you want them to do? :lol:

Jeezis, now you are #bigtime after that cup win would you no celebrate a last minute winning goal against some League 2 scuddies like us in one of the cups next year?

Course you would, a teams fans celebrating their team score a goal, cringeworthy as f**k IMO.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF do you want them to do? :lol:

Jeezis, now you are #bigtime after that cup win would you no celebrate a last minute winning goal against some League 2 scuddies like us in one of the cups next year?

Course you would, a teams fans celebrating their team score a goal, cringeworthy as f**k IMO.

I wasn't on about the fans. I was on about Butcher, his staff and his "players". They should be embarassed with the shite they have served the fans in the last 4 months or so. Butcher jumping about on the pitch and conducting the fans is cringeworthy - he should be hanging his head in shame.

You can't blame Butcher for releasing a bit of nervous energy after the very real prospect of his professional reputation being wrecked, became a little less probable.

He also probably wanted to acknowledge the fans who turned up in good numbers and sang his name after one win in half a season. Sure the "Hibz fans is so fickle" simpletons won't be happy about that but I'm sure Terry appreciated it.

Understand the reasons but he should've reigned it in a bit.

I wasn't on about the fans. I was on about Butcher, his staff and his "players". They should be embarassed with the shite they have served the fans in the last 4 months or so. Butcher jumping about on the pitch and conducting the fans is cringeworthy - he should be hanging his head in shame.

Again, if you are a player (never been a manager myself) and you win any game you have the right to celebrate in my opinion. If my team had been that shite for so long and then produced the goods in such an important game when I had my doubts beforehand I would probably go OTT too, think of the weight lifted off his shoulders after that? No problem with the Hibs players/fans/manager doing what they did after that game last night. Fair play to them I say, been a longgggg time coming.

You can't blame Butcher for releasing a bit of nervous energy after the very real prospect of his professional reputation being wrecked, became a little less probable.

He also probably wanted to acknowledge the fans who turned up in good numbers and sang his name after one win in half a season. Sure the "Hibz fans is so fickle" simpletons won't be happy about that but I'm sure Terry appreciated it.

Understand the reasons but he should've reigned it in a bit.

Hope this doesn't come back to haunt him, a definite case of "job done" after the final whistle . We had just beaten a clearly jaded Accies side and yep he was right to celebrate but we are still a very poor side and would any of us really be that surprised if Hamilton got some kind of result at Easter Road, they'll just go for it now without fear .

I think the celebrations show how far Hibs have fallen really.

To be honest I agree with that but I think they were more of relief than anything else. Plus the fact we'd actually scored a couple of goals, only scored 3 in 10 games prior to last night.

I know there's been a bit of wind up etc so far but we need to remind ourselves that although we have a 2 goal advantage, we're by no means safe.

It would be a very Hibs like thing to still end up relegated.

The vast majority of Scottish football fans were desperate for us to lose, make no mistake about that. It's predictable, but pathetic, they're trying to have a go at us for celebrating. The celebrations do not show how far Hibs have fallen, the league table does. Relegation would be a complete disaster, if we can finish the job on Sunday hopefully we can build a decent team over the summer and be in the top 6 next season. Massive difference to playing in the Championship for probably at least 2 years.

You're still pish, but no doubt you'll have an open topped bus parade and release a DVD of a first leg relegation play off win, it's the Hibs way :)

Good point mate. I bet the moment you lot all but confirmed your Premiership safety was a much more mellow, laid back affair.

Oh, wait.

vladimir-romanov.jpg

I remember going nuts when Scotland scored a 97th minute winner against Liechtenstein at Hampden. It's borne out of relief rather than anything else.

This, "lol, shows how far Hibs have fallen when they're celebrating a win against Hamilton", "so cringeworthy" chat is fucking hilarious.

No Hibs fan is denying that it's been a shocker of a season, or that coming 11th and beating Hamilton (should we do that) is still fucking pish. Doesn't mean we aren't going to be relieved as f**k if we avoid relegation after looking dead certs for the drop. Tonight was Hibs' Scotland v Liechtenstein moment: Doesn't change the fact that we're pish, but what a torn faced c**t you'd be not to take some happiness from it.

I've occasionally read this forum from afar this season, and whilst Hibs 100% deserve to take a roasting for our results, people have taken it to embarrassing/hysterical levels. "LOL, so pathetic, such Hibs" every time someone misplaced a pass, pipe doon. To actually slag off Hibs more than they deserve is an achievement in itself this season.

I'm also having a major LOL at the standard jambo "when's the DVD out" line. 12 page threads on your rivals match = "that passion is why we win da derbies". Celebrating the result when it's your own team = "WEE TEAM MENTALITEE". Makes me think of that Mitchell and Webb "are we the baddies sketch". Do jambos never read back some of their goalpost shifting pish and think "f**k, I sounded like such a jambo there"?

Even when we're this bad we have everyone seething most of the time. Pleasing.

Edit: Beaten to it by DC92.

This, "lol, shows how far Hibs have fallen when they're celebrating a win against Hamilton", "so cringeworthy" chat is fucking hilarious.

No Hibs fan is denying that it's been a shocker of a season, or that coming 11th and beating Hamilton (should we do that) is still fucking pish. Doesn't mean we aren't going to be relieved as f**k if we avoid relegation after looking dead certs for the drop. Tonight was Hibs' Scotland v Liechtenstein moment: Doesn't change the fact that we're pish, but what a torn faced c**t you'd be not to take some happiness from it.

I've occasionally read this forum from afar this season, and whilst Hibs 100% deserve to take a roasting for our results, people have taken it to embarrassing/hysterical levels. "LOL, so pathetic, such Hibs" every time someone misplaced a pass, pipe doon. To actually slag off Hibs more than they deserve is an achievement in itself this season.

I'm also having a major LOL at the standard jambo "when's the DVD out" line. 12 page threads on your rivals match = "that passion is why we win da derbies". Celebrating the result when it's your own team = "WEE TEAM MENTALITEE". Makes me think of that Mitchell and Webb "are we the baddies sketch". Do jambos never read back some of their goalpost shifting pish and think "f**k, I sounded like such a jambo there"?

My first post on the subject was poorly worded. I can understand the Hibs fans celebrating. What is cringeworthy is Butcher behaving as if he's actually achieved something. He has actually failed miserably.

I hope Butcher has the party popper ready if we win this weekend, I'd also like to invited him to the after party at Porty Town Hall.

I sent Malpas an inviation and he replied back 'f**k off'.

My first post on the subject was poorly worded. I can understand the Hibs fans celebrating. What is cringeworthy is Butcher behaving as if he's actually achieved something. He has actually failed miserably.

I'm not sure he should be celebrating anything seeing as the tie isn't over. If we do beat Hamilton then I think it's fair enough he celebrates out of relief. As long as he realises it's more Scotland v Liechtenstein than Scotland v France I wouldn't begrudge him taking some joy from the fact that his reputation hasn't fallen right down the toilet.

:lol:

Here, why do you not have that 'level playing field' Hearts v Hibs thing in your sig anymore?

Archived