Snow!

xbl

What a f'ckin disgrace of a journey from Glasgow to Edinburgh today. Bloody M8 at a crawl from well before Shotts to well after Harthill.

:angry:

Glasgow and Edinburgh clear as a bell. Halfway along probably the shittiest and most ill equipped road in Scotland and it's like the f'king arctic. :angry:

What a f'ckin disgrace of a journey from Glasgow to Edinburgh today. Bloody M8 at a crawl from well before Shotts to well after Harthill.

mad.gif

Glasgow and Edinburgh clear as a bell. Halfway along probably the shittiest and most ill equipped road in Scotland and it's like the f'king arctic. mad.gif

You have to remember that halfway along that road is the shittiest most ill equipped town in Scotland....

At least you seem to have arrived, chief. My brother left Perth at the back of eight this morning for Uni in Stirling and he's still not there, stuck on the A9 alongwith God knows how many other vehicles. They got moving at one point but then some arsehole in an Autoglass van decided he'd try and turn across the carriageway to head north again and got stuck, blocking everyone off again.

Are you serious? :lol::blink:

Bloody hell. Seven hours from Perth to Stirling. That's madness.

8 inches up the top end of Greenock by this morning, travelling from Greenock to Glasgow was like entering a different country altogether. Supposedly it's still been chucking it down back home until lunchtime.

Edited by vikingTON

At least you seem to have arrived, chief. My brother left Perth at the back of eight this morning for Uni in Stirling and he's still not there, stuck on the A9 alongwith God knows how many other vehicles. They got moving at one point but then some arsehole in an Autoglass van decided he'd try and turn across the carriageway to head north again and got stuck, blocking everyone off again.

Are you serious? :lol::blink:

Bloody hell. Seven hours from Perth to Stirling. That's madness.

That Stirling - Perth road is absolutely crazy. I spent 4 hours on it a few days before new year, I don't understand why it gets hit so badly. Why is it so much worse than any other road?

8 inches up the top end of Greenock by this morning, travelling from Greenock to Glasgow was like entering a different country altogether. Supposedly it's still been chucking it down back home until lunchtime.

Yes a country with electricity and running water....

That Stirling - Perth road is absolutely crazy. I spent 4 hours on it a few days before new year, I don't understand why it gets hit so badly. Why is it so much worse than any other road?

Travelling over high ground, inland, relatively busy network between the Central Belt and Tayside, local farm traffic, no real diversion route.

Stuck at work on Deeside just now as I stupidly got a bus into work this morning but after waiting for 40mins out in the cold, the bus that eventually turned up and flew past was the dreaded Number '000' to 'Not in Service', wherever that is.

Drove up and down to Aberdeen overnight. The worst part of the journey with the heaviest snowfall was on the A9 between Perth and Stirling on the way back. I also got stuck in the snow on the roadworks on the A80 at Auchenkilns at around 7.45am, blocking the inside lane for about 20mins, so if I held any P&B's up on their way to work then sorry. :D Bloody rear-wheel drive transit vans are feckin' useless in this weather.

• 1 month later...

snowing here in stenhousemuir any where else getting it

Started snowing like a bh about 9 last night, kept going till about 9 this morning. Up in Sutherland, Been a few flurries since i finished work but fine the now.