Snow!

xbl

Came across the Queens Bridge just under an hour ago & the Tay looks mental. There just looked to be one wee channel in the middle where the water was visibly flowing. I think that unless the temperatures change over the next couple of days then it will completelt freeze over.

There's been no snowfall forecast for the next week in the Clyde Riviera, but it's been pishing down with it for the last hour and a half. Even gritted roads have nearly an inch covering. This is the best winter ever. :D

Another couple of inches in Ice Station Paisley overnight, from what I can see from my bedroom window.

I was thinking of making the trek to the Feegiedome this afternoon to see Alloa horsed off the park. Now, I just have to find my Strathclyde Police safety compliant snowshoes.....

Ahhhhh i am so pissed off,Today i had 3 pairs of socks on,A tee-shirt,A shirt.A jumper and a jacket.Along with a hat and a pair of gloves.

Who said working outside put hairs on your chest??

I have f**k all on my head why would i want them on my chest???

For the last week or so up in Arbroath, I spent about 5 hours a day outside, and it was fine! Man up! Anyway, it appears to be snowing incredibly slowly, and has been for hours. Still, life goes on. Unlike in England. I remember when we were all initially making jokes about the English inability to cope, and we were accused of being anti English. Look at them now! They've got their special reports on tv, the EBC website goes into snow overload, people are panic buying, there is talk of A levels being deferred, birds dying, people in crisis. Meanwhile, in Scotland, life goes on.

For the last week or so up in Arbroath, I spent about 5 hours a day outside, and it was fine! Man up! Anyway, it appears to be snowing incredibly slowly, and has been for hours. Still, life goes on. Unlike in England. I remember when we were all initially making jokes about the English inability to cope, and we were accused of being anti English. Look at them now! They've got their special reports on tv, the EBC website goes into snow overload, people are panic buying, there is talk of A levels being deferred, birds dying, people in crisis. Meanwhile, in Scotland, life goes on.

Ach, don't beleive everything you read xbass. Most people are getting on about their business, gently seething at the total ineffectiveness of local government to grow a pair. :D

:: one quick rummage through the first couple pages ::

I've been practicing all year.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, do you pansies call this snow?" biggrin.gif

Have you had much call to use this by any chance? biggrin.gif

Edited by xbl

:: one quick rummage through the first couple pages ::

Have you had much call to use this by any chance? biggrin.gif

:lol:

Funnily enough, there was a Scottish guy on Radio Cambridgeshire today asking the time honoured question: "Call this snow? This is t shirt weather where ah cum fae!"

There was much cheering in the Freud household. Childish yes, but it cracks me up every time.

Another couple of inches in Ice Station Paisley overnight, from what I can see from my bedroom window.

I was thinking of making the trek to the Feegiedome this afternoon to see Alloa horsed off the park. Now, I just have to find my Strathclyde Police safety compliant snowshoes.....

You really hate Alloa, eh? :P