Snow!

xbl

I saw something I thought I would never see this morning. A mile wide swathe of the Tay frozen over and with snow lying on it. Unbelievable.

Christ, that's something I'd like to see. Get your camera oot, man!

At least a foot of snow in my garden. The Caledonian Canal bit that runs thorugh Inverness is frozen over. 3ft of snow at least in the Milton of Leys/Daviot area apparently.

Could get another week of school if it gets worse by Monday.

I watched at least half a dozen schoolkids walking on the Forth & Clyde Canal today out the office window. Fucking numpties.

I also see the Lake of Menteith curling thing might take place for the first time in 30 years this weekend.

Have people forgotten about Damien: Omen II?

Edited by bairnagain

I watched at least half a dozen schoolkids walking on the Forth & Clyde Canal today out the office window. Fucking numpties.

I also see the Lake of Menteith curling thing might take place for the first time in 30 years this weekend.

Have people forgotten about Damien: Omen II?

Never seen it. What happened?

I was running late for work this morning and didn't dry my hair properly when I came out of the shower... By the time I had walked from my house to my work, my hair had frozen. Brrrrr.

Enjoy your inevitable cold! :lol:

In the middle of Perth, the Tay is freezing over: two large banks of ice are forming and gradually reaching towards one another. With the forecasters predicting it to be even colder this weekend and early next week, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see it frozen over by then. I shall take a picture in daylight tomorrow.

If anyone fancies seeing a lower league football match before the end of this month, tough titty, I think. Can really see almost all of January's card being wiped out in Divisions 2 & 3, beyond the odd game at Hampden.

thought it was clearer west coast, so since am idle with the weather would go into the town and do a bit of shopping.....signalling problems at partick, trains cancelled !

Which train was that? My train has to come through Partick to get home! Was it only stops at Partick cancelled, do you know?