Snow!

xbl

There is a silly amount of Snow about my house! It is ment to continue into he later morning. I might have put a picture up here tomorrow. It is like a scene from Doctor Zhivago, the countryside is just white as a sheet.

Well done Glasgow City Council, at long last there's some grit in the grit bin up the road from me, went up last night and grabbed a couple of bag fulls, now the path up to the close door and the pavement outside is no longer an ice rink.

England is closed until further notice.

You are right there ...... woke up, saw some snow and thought it would be fine on the main roads ..... wrong! Took me an hour to do 20 miles in M4 Corridor area earlier this morning, rang my control and gaffer sent me home :D . Guffies are totally clueless in the snow :rolleyes:

Edited by Squib

The bin is still where you saw it this morning! :rolleyes:

Bin update: (As I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats about this!) - I managed to get it back across the car park and into the bin store without incident. However, on levering the lid open I've discovered that the Scaffies havnae been and my bin still has rubbish in it! <_<

What's it like in Fife?

Absolutely SHITE! That's nothing to do with the snow though. :D

England is closed until further notice.

BBC1 right now - "FROZEN BRITAIN - hundreds of drivers stranded, armed forces help motorists, travel only if absolutely necessary, stay at home, schools shut - parents having to mind their kids at short notice, elderly at risk of freezing to death, grit supplies have almost run out, severe disruptions to train services, Gatwick, Stansted, Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Liverpool, Cardiff and Southampton airports are closed....."

post-1053-1262778008_thumb.jpg

Hello England - we've had snow for over a fortnight - no "wet yer pants" panic up here, ya soft bastarts! The Scandanavians must be pissing themselves laughing! <_<