Snow!

xbl

18 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

RE: The Kids and the ice - surely as good an advert as any for re-introducing those Public Safety films targetting children?

The amount of screentime kids have they could easily have targetted adverts pop up on an iPad etc at regular intervals to warn them of the dangers.

They were part of my childhood which Thatcherite individualism/consumerism did away with. The very idea that you can have there minute public information films on TV which weren't trying to sell you something or make you part with your money for something you don't need is a bizarre concept for today's generation.  I actually seem to remember one about playing on ice which featured the Grim Reaper at the waters edge. 

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

4 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

-13, icy roads and some c**t tailgating you. Lovely 

Windows down, heating and brakes on full blast.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I have Strep A and am not in the mood for working outside today 

RIP throbs.  Mind and cancel your budweiser subscription

-8 in thick fog this morning is the coldest I've ever experienced it. -18C in the US was nowhere near as cold because you weren't walking through a fucking ice cloud as well.

Greta and the rest of the eco-warriors have got a lot to answer for. 

6 hours ago, virginton said:

-8 in thick fog this morning is the coldest I've ever experienced it. -18C in the US was nowhere near as cold because you weren't walking through a fucking ice cloud as well.

Greta and the rest of the eco-warriors have got a lot to answer for. 

Typical…and idiotic (which is typical as well).

10 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Ah the first properly hard frost of the year, which handily also marks the debut of the winter "WHY HAVEN'T THE COONCIL GRITTED MY CUL-DE-SAC?!?!?1111" posts. Tremendous. 

They never grit my street either. They do empty the bins though, which I suppose I should be grateful for.

Everytime it snows in the UK, someone likes to mention how organised other countries are when it snows.

Got this in the mail yesterday. If you live in a residential, you can just f**k off for 14 hours, and if we haven't done it after 16 hours, then you call the city. The TTC, local transit company, are always out quickly to plough the pavements around their bus stops and subway stations, but how you actually get to the station/stop, that's your problem. I'm sure other Canadian cities that don't have a Tory government are better prepared but for a city where snow is guaranteed from November to May, they are woefully inadequate.  

TOSnow.jpg

TOSnow1.jpg

19 hours ago, Torpar said:

Everytime it snows in the UK, someone likes to mention how organised other countries are when it snows.

Got this in the mail yesterday. If you live in a residential, you can just f**k off for 14 hours, and if we haven't done it after 16 hours, then you call the city. The TTC, local transit company, are always out quickly to plough the pavements around their bus stops and subway stations, but how you actually get to the station/stop, that's your problem. I'm sure other Canadian cities that don't have a Tory government are better prepared but for a city where snow is guaranteed from November to May, they are woefully inadequate.  

TOSnow.jpg

TOSnow1.jpg

Piss poor graphics - the 3 items are pretty much the same size on the graphic.  My hoose key is bigger than my bank card as well. 3/10.