Snow!

xbl

55 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've always been blessed with absolute cowardice. Anything remotely  dangerous didn't  attract me.

Setting fire to things maybe, but I was well out the road of any consequences usually.

Reichstag?

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Had a fantastic morning sledging with my boy on Saturday, building snowmen and playing in the snow.  Great fun.  Not so much fun driving on ungritted roads today, but hey ho.

Every year. Why do folk do this? Why risk it?

In Dundee there's a big hill/street called the Hilltown, and I've seen plenty of idiots try to drive on it when it's snowed here, with the obvious consequences. Saw one car slide down after trying to drive up it (the only made it a metres).

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I know it's hard to say but the parents have to take a large portion of the blame there.

41 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A terrible thing to happen to children, but their deaths were entirely preventable through proper supervision. 

Chain them to the TV and Xbox?

Second snow fall and first decent one of the season on Saturday night into Sunday morning. Snow is great when you don't have anywhere to go. It would easy to laugh at the videos of people driving badly in England, but without snow tires, that would happen in any country.

Tosleg.jpg

8 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Second snow fall and first decent one of the season on Saturday night into Sunday morning. Snow is great when you don't have anywhere to go. It would easy to laugh at the videos of people driving badly in England, but without snow tires, that would happen in any country.

Tosleg.jpg

Wise words young sledger...and well constructed for one so small ! Stick at it, a tobogganing future awaits  

RE: The Kids and the ice - surely as good an advert as any for re-introducing those Public Safety films targetting children?

The amount of screentime kids have they could easily have targetted adverts pop up on an iPad etc at regular intervals to warn them of the dangers.

26 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Tosleg.jpg

I used to sledge down the Braehead Golf Course in Alloa. One year we didn't have a sledge so used a metal tray. It was mental, faster than anything else.

At the bottom of the hill was a fence, with a wee rise in the ground before it. Folk tried to build up enough speed to use the bump to jump over the fence. Nobody was quick enough to get near it, except me. With my tray I managed to get tangled in the fence and take loads of skin off my face, which was closer than anyone else got.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I used to sledge down the Braehead Golf Course in Alloa. One year we didn't have a sledge so used a metal tray. It was mental, faster than anything else.

At the bottom of the hill was a fence, with a wee rise in the ground before it. Folk tried to build up enough speed to use the bump to jump over the fence. Nobody was quick enough to get near it, except me. With my tray I managed to get tangled in the fence and take loads of skin off my face, which was closer than anyone else got.

Sure there was a few young lassies killed one year sledging on a car bonnet, it hit a wire fence at a speed of knots. 

8 hours ago, Torpar said:

Tosleg.jpg

The fun bit over here is that people do decent on snow, but the ice absolutely causes mayhem. The worst offenders, of course, are young men in 4x4 trucks.

19 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I know it's hard to say but the parents have to take a large portion of the blame there.

18 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I might just be a massive shitebag but I have always been too scared to go near large outdoor bodies of water or to walk on them when they are frozen over.

Walking on frozen water especially is a stupid thing to do. If you fall through the ice into the paralysingly cold water below then you are as good as dead unless you're very lucky.

A terrible thing to happen to children, but their deaths were entirely preventable through proper supervision. 

I'm sure none of the parents will have considered this, and once they do it will be a big consolation to them.