Snow!

xbl

When the snow melts in Toronto it usually reveals 100s of fag ends and piles of dog shit that owners seem to think magically disappear when they go into a snow bank, this city is full of c***s! Here are some snow/winter pictures, last one is from a frozen pond, I got up at 6am Sunday and travelled 45 minutes across town on a bus probably riddled with Covid after my mate invited me to play hockey since I hadn't played since March last year. 

First two are from this morning after a heavy snowfall last night, had to laugh at the genius city employees who painted lines on top of the snow yesterday afternoon to fix a broken water main, good luck finding the lines today

Val 0.jpg

Val 1.jpg

Val 2.jpg

Just heard from people I know living in Texas who according to them have encountered maybe two or three inches of snow and the added pain in the arse of the water going off...pretty much what most of us had last week.

Their neighbours are treating it like it's either the apocalypse or the end times though...he was asked if he wanted to join a very shooty-sounding neighbourhood safety patrol and she's been getting asked for survival tips from when she lived in Scatlin out in the wilds of Bishopbriggs:

"Umm, wear a goonie. And just drink ginger if the water's still off..."

And this is just outside Austin, which is reckoned to be the least rednecky town in Texas. Out in the sticks I imagine they've already resorted to cannibalism.

On 16/02/2021 at 06:45, Torpar said:

When the snow melts in Toronto it usually reveals 100s of fag ends and piles of dog shit that owners seem to think magically disappear when they go into a snow bank, this city is full of c***s! Here are some snow/winter pictures, last one is from a frozen pond, I got up at 6am Sunday and travelled 45 minutes across town on a bus probably riddled with Covid after my mate invited me to play hockey since I hadn't played since March last year. 

First two are from this morning after a heavy snowfall last night, had to laugh at the genius city employees who painted lines on top of the snow yesterday afternoon to fix a broken water main, good luck finding the lines today

Val 0.jpg

Val 1.jpg

Val 2.jpg

twas a lovely -16 here tonight, so I went for a quick skate :lol:

Can't wait til the rinks open again for a proper game though!

20 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Just heard from people I know living in Texas who according to them have encountered maybe two or three inches of snow and the added pain in the arse of the water going off...pretty much what most of us had last week.

Their neighbours are treating it like it's either the apocalypse or the end times though...he was asked if he wanted to join a very shooty-sounding neighbourhood safety patrol and she's been getting asked for survival tips from when she lived in Scatlin out in the wilds of Bishopbriggs:

"Umm, wear a goonie. And just drink ginger if the water's still off..."

And this is just outside Austin, which is reckoned to be the least rednecky town in Texas. Out in the sticks I imagine they've already resorted to cannibalism.

Don't know if you missed the boy on twitter talking about his brother who is a "preper" for the end of the world but he only had an electric can opener so was only able to eat his ring pull tins and he wasn't coping well at all :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Had to go out and fill the bird feeders this morning. I calculated I had about 6 minutes to complete the task otherwise nobody would hear from me until spring.

May be an image of snow and tree

The car's roof is about 2 feet below that.

On 14/03/2021 at 08:42, Jacksgranda said:

Had to go out last night, and I'm pleased to report there was snow on the Sperrins.

Probably been there all week, just I haven't been out to see it.

Next update tomorrow.

It's now Thursday and we're still waiting on Monday's report.

Utter shambles this.

• 3 weeks later...

A touch of frost this morning, and it made a valiant effort to snow, but it came to nothing. So far.

ETA:  Snowing again, but it won't lie.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Woke up to a very Christmassy Caird scene - and it's snowing again from leaden skies. No doubt TRAFFIC CHAOS will ensue.

ETA: Now the sun is splitting the skies.

ETA: Snowing again.

ETA: All gone by 4.00 pm. However, I can reliably state that there is still SNOW ON THE SPERRINS.

Edited by Jacksgranda